October 11th '58

"We're heading out !" hollers Denzel. Tanisha calls me out of my room.

"Can I join ?" she asks her brother.

"Nah." answers Denzel. I come out of the room and I see Denzel, Cix, Wave and Rayan at the door.

She puts her hands on her hips and frowns her eyebrows. "Why not ? I'm also part of Silvers."

"After this dinner, you'll have plenty of opportunities to eat with them. We're going there to make peace with them, you ain't gotta tag along." continues Denzel.

"Your brother's right. This is just one of the many times we'll eat with them. You'll come along with us next time." adds Rayan.

Cix turns his head my way. "You aight ?" he asks me.

I wipe off the residue tears in my eyes and nod. "Yeah I'm good." The four adults look at each other before looking back at me.

"Take care of your sister for us, okay Sha ?" says Denzel as he taps her on the back.

Tanisha walks towards me. "What's wrong Titi ?" She asks before grabbing my hand and leading me into our room. "Have fun y'all." she says before closing the bedroom door behind her.

Keemo opens the door in front of him and sees Janet. "Where're y'all kids going ?" she questions as she checks them out.

"We're going out with some friends." answers Denzel. Janet nods.

"Alright then, be careful on the road y'all." She kisses Denzel on the cheek and pinches Kelvin, Wave's and Rayan's cheek before pushing them out of the house and closing the door. They leave in Keemo's car.

"How's the wedding planning going ?" asks Kelvin. Him and Denzel are sitting in the backseat while Rayan and Wave are in the front seats.

Rayan looks back. "We settled for two wedding parties to embrace both of our cultures. A Vietnamese one and an Egyptian one. We found the rings, the rooms.."

"The honeymoon room ?" adds Kelvin, grinning. Rayan slaps Kelvin's arm.

Meanwhile, Denzel inspects Keemo through the rearview window. The car stops at a red light. "Keemo." he begins to speak. Wave slightly lifts his head up looking into the mirror. "What are you thinking about ?" Rayan leans back into her seat and faces her fiancé.

"Are you sure about this ?" replies Keemo.

"Both sides agreed to make peace with each other." reassures Denzel. Keemo narrows his eyes.

"Why would Sniper finally decide to make peace with us now but not back when Ace was still our leader ?"

"People change. He had beef with Ace so making peace before must've been too much for his ego. We weren't involved in it. Him and I, we ain't got beef." Rayan places her hand over Keemo's hand.

"Let's trust him." she says looking at Keemo.

"I don't know man. Something feels off about this shit." replies Keemo.

"I trust your intuition Wave. If you want to cancel it, say word and I'll cancel it." Draco's tone changed into a serious one and instantly, the atmosphere in the vehicle changed also. The red light turns yellow.

"I'll trust you Draco." The light turns green and they start moving again. The heavy atmosphere lifts and the four of them arrive at the restaurant joyfully.

"He chose a restaurant with the sketchiest location." comments Cix chuckling.

"Makes sense. We need an uncommon place, you feel me ?" replies Draco.