October 19th '55

Jessie and Evelyn meet again at their usual place. "Since when do you smoke ?" Jessie asks.

Alpha takes out the cigarette out of her mouth. Smoke covers her face and as she slowly lifts her head, her red eyes are revealed. "Fight me." she says, throwing her blunt on the floor. Jessie gets closer to her and puts her hands on her two shoulders.

"You shouldn't smoke, look what it's making you do." she chuckles. 

Alpha places her hands on her friend's shoulder and proceeds to kick her knee into Jessie's stomach. JJ arches forward but Alpha lays another kick into her jaw making Jessie fall backwards. "Fight me." declares Alpha. Jessie gets up and rushes towards Alpha.

"What's wrong with you ? Come to your senses Evelyn !" JJ punches her in the cheek. As Alpha stumbles, she throws in a second punch making her fall. She continues to punch her and while Alpha tries to fight back, JJ goes on top of her. Alpha attempts to get out of grasp but JJ holds her hands together.

"Fight me properly you bitch !" Shouts Alpha. She rises her knee into JJ's sweet spot and flips her over. Her hand rises making Jessie close her eyes and turn her head away. Alpha begins to pound her hands down. 

"Why can't you fight me ! Why... Jessie..." she says in a wobbly voice.

Jessie opens her eyes realizing Alpha's hands were not hitting her, they were punching the floor on both sides of her face. The pounds were getting heavier until no more noise was heard. Alpha's arms were hanging rigid while her hands were still in a fist. She quietly got up using her legs only. Her knuckles were bleeding and the articulations of her fingers were severely injured. She took out a blunt, lit it and smoked. 

"I don't think we'll be able to see each other anymore. Jessie.." she murmured.

"What is actually wrong with you ! Are you tryna get killed ? If a Silver saw us, they would've killed you !"

"I'm sorry..."

"No... You're not sorry." protests JJ while getting up.

Evelyn nears herself towards her friend. "I'm sorry Jess...Please forgive me.." she begs.

"I don't believe you. How many times am I supposed to forgive your uncontrolled actions? How much more do I have to forgive you !"

"Don't raise your fucking voice at me ! commands Alpha. Jessie stumbles back a few steps, eyes wide open, in shock.

"I-I think it's best if you stay away. I- We shouldn't be around each other right now."

"Why ?" asks Evelyn in a soft voice, reaching her hands out to Jessie.

"Because you scare me, that's why !" She slaps Evelyn's hand.

In that same instant a voice shouts out Jessie's name. That person's steps get faster and soon it arrives next to Jessie. "Why do you look like this ?" asks the person.

JJ puts her palm on her forehead and shakes her head. "It's nothing Denzel..."

"What'd you do to her, Evelyn !" he clenches his fists as he takes a step forward.

"You told him my name !" asks Alpha. She throws her cigarette on the ground and takes a few steps forward

"Both of you stop !" orders Jessie.  She goes in the middle, eyes shifting from one person to the other while Denzel and Evelyn keep their eyes locked on each other, not letting their guard down with clenched fists. "You happy ? We fought, are you happy !?" Alpha stays quiet. She takes out another cigarette and walks away.

"Let's go Jessie." says Denzel. He turns around and starts to walk away as well. JJ proceeds to follow him and grab onto his arm.

"Please let it go..." she asks in a small voice. Denzel un-clenches his fists and holds her hand. Jessie looks back at her friend before disappearing in Denzel's car.