17 - Justice Mafia Style.

The last time I saw Liam was when he left with a sore groin this morning

The last time I saw Liam was when he left with a sore groin this morning. The sun was setting, signaling it would be dark soon and he wouldn't be back for a while. I took this opportunity to plan my next move.

I hope he doesn't come back any time soon.

I wasn't sure what he would do to me after causing such a commotion earlier. As expected, one of Liam's men had bound my legs with duct tape to make sure I couldn't escape again. The tape wasn't wound too tightly, which gave me hope that I could break free if I tried hard enough.

My stomach growled, reminding me that I hadn't eaten anything for two days. I highly doubted I would be served a meal anytime soon after what I did. My face throbbed with pain, and my left eye was almost swollen shut from the blows I received earlier.

I had to act soon if I wanted to get out of this alive.

There was no way I was going to let that twisted psycho get near me again, whether he was alive or dead.

I didn't know what he had in store for me, and I sure as hell wasn't sticking around to find out.

With the little strength I had left in my tired body, I made a decision. I was going to take action and escape. I refused to be his prisoner any longer. I clenched my teeth and focused all my energy on tightening the zip ties around my wrists. I remembered my father's words: "The tighter the zip tie, the easier it is to break." He had taught me how to escape situations like this, but he always made sure I promised to wait for help if things got too dangerous.

What I was about to do involved taking a risk, but it was the kind of risk I had to take.

Following his advice, I gnashed my teeth, using all my might to tighten the zip ties around my wrists. I positioned the locking mechanism between my hands and pulled with all my might. Then, with a sudden movement, I brought my hands down forcefully onto my stomach, forcing my wrists apart. The ties snapped at their weakest point, the lock, and I was free!

Feeling a surge of pride, I glanced down at my legs, contemplating how to set them free.

I had to act fast before Liam came back.

I looked around for something I could use to cut through the layers of tape, but there was nothing in sight. Then it hit me, I could just remove my pants since the tape was stuck to them. With a determined mindset, I pulled off my pants and felt a sense of freedom wash over me. I was no longer bound, I was as free as a bird...well, almost.

Silently, I inched towards the door, desperate to catch any hint of the conversation happening outside. Three distinct voices could be heard, but I couldn't make out the words clearly.

"There's this bomb Mexican joint down the road that serves the most mouthwatering Birria Tacos you've ever tasted!" said one of the men.

"Then stop yapping and get your ass over there, cabrón! (Dumbass!) We're starving!" urged the other man, clearly a Chicano.