C H A P T E R S E V E N T Y-E I G H T

Amanda, Johnny, and Chozen sat at the table while Sam was pouring herself a bowl of cereal and Nicole walked into the kitchen, taking a seat next to her mother

"It's been a week. The longer we wait—."

"We must let Daniel-san heal." Chozen said.

"Look, Chozen's right." Amanda agreed. "I wanna do something about it too, but we can't just go after Terry Silver without--."

"Dad." Sam and Nicole echoed.

They all looked over to see Daniel walking in the room with a suit on.

"Johnny? What're you doing here?" Daniel asked.

"Figuring out how to make Silver pay for what he did to you." Johnny answered.

"What's with the suit?" Amanda asked her husband.

He sighed. "I can't wear my pajamas to LaRusso auto, can I?"

"You're going into work?"

"Daniel-san we need to make plans--."

"Guys, I appreciate the sentiment. I do, but I'm outta this whole thing with Silver. If he wants the Valley, he can have it. I'm done with karate." Daniel said as he began pouring some coffee.

"What do you mean you're done with karate?"

"Must not give up."

"I am giving up."

"Dad, are you serious?" Nicole asked with a look of disbelief in her eyes.

"Trying to go toe-to-toe with Silver was a mistake. It almost cost me my family. I'm not making that mistake again." Daniel continued.

"Daniel, we're with you. You don't have to stop fighting." Amanda said, trying tp convince him.

"Yes. I do. I became a sensei to help kids. Instead, I'm making everyone's life worse." Daniel replied.

"What are you talking about, man? You did help kids." Johnny reminded.

"You want me to make a list of how many ways they're hurting because of this, including my own daughters? Why don't you ask Robby how much I've helped him."

"Dad, no. You're wrong. You've helped me in so many ways. You opened my eyes to see how lucky I am to have this family and to be able to practice my talent and use it in the right way. You can't just walk away!" Nicole exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, Nicole. It's not our job to fight the monsters. Not anymore." Daniel replied.

He then put a pair of sunglasses and left the house.

Nicole angrily stood up and walked away.

"Nicole! Nicole, where are you going?" Amanda called.

Nicole went upstairs to her room and slammed the door shut.