C H A P T E R S I X T Y-S I X

Nicole closed the door behind her and walked to the kitchen and sipped the last of her gatorade before throwing it away

"Good morning, honey. You ready for the big day?" Amanda walked into the room.

Nicole fake-smiled. "Yeah."

Amanda tilted her head and walked toward her daughter. "You're not ready, are you?"

"No, I am, Mom, I just...what if I let everyone down? What if I lose and everyone's disappointed in me?" Nicole asked.

Amanda sighed and walked over to her daughter running the back of her hand down her daughter's cheek before holding it.

"Baby, you're not going to let anyone down. If you don't win the championship, that's okay. You're still talented and amazing at karate. I'm proud of you either way. Just go out there and kick as much butt as you can." Amanda encouraged.

"Thank you, Mom." Nicole said before hugging her mother.

Sam came downstairs followed by Daniel.

"You ready?" Daniel asked.

Nicole looked from her mother back to her sister and father.

"Yeah. Yeah, I think I am."

🌻

"This sensei and dojo need no introduction. He took the All Valley by storm in 1984 and '85 and quickly became one of the greatest underdogs in the history of the sport. Last year, this dojo came out of nowhere and made it to the finals. Although she fought for Cobra Kai Karate last year, All Valley champion Nicole LaRusso is now in this dojo and she's better than ever. They've got some new fighters and they're ready to show the world that they're the best around. Give it up for Miyagi-Do Karate, led by two-time All Valley champion, Daniel LaRusso!"

Daniel walked out with his students behind him. The only people who weren't accompanying them that day were Courtney and Jackson.

Nicole looked up in the stands and noticed Courtney sitting with Amanda and Anthony, then looked over to see Jackson and Moon sitting together.

"Jackson's...Jackson's not competing?" Nicole whispered to Mary.

"No, he said he didn't think he was ready for it. And he said that even if he was, he didn't think he could compete today." Mary replied.

Nicole frowned and muttered, "I think I know why."

Eli kept sneaking glances at Nicole. He missed her. A whole lot. He wished he could take that whole night back and have everyone forget it even happened, but he knew no matter how much he wanted to, he couldn't. He also knew that the reason Nicole had lashed out on him and ended things again was because of the alcohol and not because it was what she really wanted. And he was right. All Nicole really wanted was to first, win the All Valley, and second, be in Eli's arms, but what's done is done.

"At the end of the day, only one of these dojos can be crowned Grand Champion. Welcome to the 51st All Valley Under-18 Karate Tournament!"

Everyone in the crowed jumped up from their seats and began cheering.

"It's karate time."

I know it was shorter than usual, but I wanted to get something published. Y'all ready for the All Valley? See you in the next one!