C H A P T E R T H R E E

Nicole finished her right french braid and ran her fingers over them, making sure there were no pieces missing on either of the braids

Nicole finished her right french braid and ran her fingers over them, making sure there were no pieces missing on either of the braids. She then changed out of her school clothes and put on a simple pair of leggings with a white t-shirt and her red jacket, then grabbed her bag and cell phone and walked down the stairs.

"Ah, Nicole, nice of you to join us." Amanda greeted as her eldest daughter walked into the dining room.

Sitting at their kitchen table with her family was Kyler.

"I'm not staying." She replied to her mother and went to give her a hug.

"Where are you off to?" Daniel asked her.

"Just going out." Nicole replied.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay? I mean i have fresh fish." Daniel asked.

"Nope, I'm sure. Have a nice dinner everyone." She nodded, then gave her father a hug as well as her sister and her brother.

"Bye, Nicole." Kyler waved to her.

"I'm sorry, who are you again?" Nicole asked, a smirk playing on her lips.

"It's me, Ky—."

Nicole then slammed the door before he could finish "introducing" himself to her.

She walked to her car and got in it. She had bought herself her car for her sixteenth birthday. Normally, rich parents like her own would've bought their children a car on their sixteenth birthday, Nicole bought hers all on her own. Though, they did get Sam a new car, they didn't buy Nicole's because she insisted that she'd buy it for herself and didn't want anyone else to do it, wanting to feel like she had something of her own that didn't get handed to her.

She put her car in drive and went off to Eli's house, her smile growing bigger the closer she got. She found a parking spot outside of his house and noticed that Courtney was already there. She must've picked up Demetri too.

Nicole went up to the door and rang the bell. It opened to reveal Eli smiling sadly, still in the same sweater. It looked like he had been crying.

"Are you okay, Eli? Did something happen?" Nicole searched his face.

He nodded, but she could tell he was lying.

"Eli..."

"I'm okay, Nikki." He muttered.

"Okay."

She stepped inside and he closed the door behind her.

I'm a freak. Eli's words replayed in his head as is best friend stepped inside. Nicole walked over to Demetri and Courtney who were in the kitchen.

"Am I the only one who noticed that he was upset when they came in or just me?" She whispered to Courtney and Demetri.

"He wasn't downstairs when we got here. His mom said he was upstairs reading, but when he came down his face was red, his eyes were puffy and—. Hey Eli!" Courtney waved.