C H A P T E R N I N E

"He was really sweet to me

"He was really sweet to me. It's almost like Demetri is a good person."

Courtney was explaining to Nicole how Demetri comforted her after what happened in the library.

"And it's also almost like he has a crush on you and you like him back!" Nicole said as if it wasn't obvious.

"We do not like each other." Courtney rolled her eyes.

"Mhm."

"Okay, well what about you and Eli?" Courtney raised her eyebrows as they got their lunch trays.

"This has nothing to do with us, this is about you and Demetri." Nicole replied.

"Really, because the last time I checked, you two almost kissed at the Halloween dance. Oh, and you both very much enjoyed it when you fell on top of each other, I do remember that." Courtney smirked.

The brunette shook her head, but a small blush appeared on her cheeks when she remembered being with Eli at the dance.

"Whatever." Nicole shook the thought out of her head.

Once the two had their food trays, they made their way to their usual table that the boys hadn't arrived at yet.

Just at they were about to sit, Nicole saw her sister walking away from Aisha's table and up to Kyler and his friends.

"What's going on?" Courtney whispered to Nicole.

"I don't know."

Sam tapped Kyler hardly on the back and he stopped laughing and turned around to face her.

"Think it's funny so spreads lies about me?" Sam crossed her arms.

"Lies? What lies?" Courtney muttered.

Nicole chewed on her bottom lip, hearing whispers all day about something that happened with Kyler, who was getting praised for the rumors, but she didn't realize that those rumors could've involved her sister.

"What're you talking about?" Kyler tried to play dumb. "We saw a movie, and that's it. Well, maybe I saw a little bit more than you."

Kyler's friends burst into laughter and Yasmine smirked from her table.

"Yeah, we heard you got pretty...choked up." Brucks joked, sending everyone into a fit of laughter.

"Oh hell no." Nicole grumbled and dropped her tray on the table.

As she walked over, her sister slid Kyler's tray of food and threw it onto the floor.

"Ohhh..." The cafeteria reacted.

"Nicole! Nicole, get back here!" Courtney waved to her just as the other three boys walked in the cafeteria.

"Kyler! Why don't you shut your big mouth?" Nicole yelled.