C H A P T E R S E V E N T Y-F I V E

Nicole lied on the couch, passed out with two Hershey's chocolate bar wrappers on her chest

Sam was on the other side of the couch, eating her second Uncrustable and drinking a frappuccino.

"Yo, Sam. did you eat the entire box of grape Uncrustables?" Anthony asked.

"There were like, two left in the box. Slow your roll." Sam answered.

"It's the principle of it" Anthony replied. "Also what's with her?"

He tapped Nicole on the head and she jumped back and almost fell on the couch.

"Stay away, Mason!" She exclaimed, jumping up.

But when she turned around she saw that it was Anthony standing there instead of Mason.

"Oh. It's just you." Nicole rolled her eyes.

She picked up the wrappers and plopped back down on the couch.

"Come on, seriously, Nicole? I need comfort food too!" Anthony exclaimed.

"Aw, what happened? Get pwned in Fortnite again?" Sam asked.

"Ha! Good one." Nicole smiled.

"I mean, actually, I just...I'm having trouble with this kid from Cobra Kai." Anthony confessed.

Nicole shot up. "Who? Mason?"

"What? No! Can you shut up about him for like two minutes? Aren't you like, dating Hawk anyway?" Anthony asked.

Nicole rolled her eyes and sat back.

"No, it's the one he chased down the hallway and poured milk all over." Sam said.

"I-I didn't pour milk, okay? We put it in a bag in his locker." Anthony corrected.

"You know that doesn't make it any better, right?" Nicole raised her eyebrows.

"Whatever, it doesn't matter. He's learning some more karate and—."

"Oh my god. If someone says the word 'karate' one more freaking time I'm going to throw myself out of a window!" Nicole exclaimed.

"Nicole, we know that this is all because your ex-boyfriend is now your rival. And you. It's because another one of your boyfriends ran away."

Nicole picked up the empty box that was full of the Hershey's bars and threw it at her brother.

Sam picked up her phone. "Text Moon, Yasmine, and Courtney, 'Brunch today, question mark. Need to get out of the house'."

Sam then walked away and Nicole rolled over and went back to sleep.

🌻

Sam showed the girls her phone.