C H A P T E R S I X T Y-F O U R

Nicole sat on the couch of Stingray's sister's house miserably

Nothing was phasing her, all she could think about was Eli. What had she done.

"Hey there, can we talk?" A voice asked.

She looked up to see Mason and scoffed.

"I don't want to see your face." She spat.

"I know you don't, but I want to explain myself."

"You have one minute before I kick your ass in front of everyone here."

"Alright, okay. Look, I was upset that you had led me on for a while. How I acted and what I did absolutely wasn't right, but you can't blame me for being upset with you and not wanting to see you because it would hurt me." Mason explained.

"You're minute is up." Nicole told the boy.

"That's all you're gonna say? You're not going to say anything else?" Mason questioned.

"What the fuck do you want me to say Mason? I fucked up, but so did you."

"I don't know what I want you to say, but you could at least acknowledge me."

"Go away."

"But—."

"'Scuse me madam, but is this young man bothering you?" A voice asked.

Nicole looked over at Jackson, feeling relieved, which was weird because she couldn't feel much considering she was drunk.

"Yes, in fact, he is, kind sir." Nicole answered.

"Beat it, Witts, she's all set."

"I was just trying to—."

"She's all set." He repeated.

Mason scoffed and stormed away. Jackson held out his hand and pulled her up.

"Where are we going?"

"Just to talk."

"Okay?"

He then took her to one of the bedrooms in Stingray's sister's house and closed the door behind him.

"Are you sure we're just talking, Jack."

"You have a boyfriend, don't you?"

Nicole shook her head. "Not anymore."

"Well then, would you like to do more."

She smiled at that and before she knew it, they were making out on the bed, Jackson sliding his hand up her dress.

But every touch, every kiss, all she could think about was Eli. His touches, his kisses, his love, and even though she was drunk and wasn't in the right headspace, she knew it was wrong.