C H A P T E R F I V E

After Nicole had finished up in the showroom, Daniel drove them home, then started on dinner

Over dinner, he revealed that Councilor Blatt had reached out to parents about a chaperone for the dance and he had offered to do it.

"So you're chaperoning the dance? Great, another way to ruin my fun." Nicole groaned.

"Nic—."

"Mom?" Sam interrupted her father and looked over at Amanda desperately.

Amanda sighed. "Come on, Daniel. Would you want one of your parents at your high school dance?"

"My mom drove me on dates, okay?"

"Yeah? And how'd that go?" Amanda raised her eyebrows.

Daniel gave his wife a small look.

"This is so not fair." Sam shook her head.

"And it's so stupid. Do you not trust us or something?" Nicole asked.

"I do trust you girls, of course I trust you, but Councilor Blatt and I go way back. I couldn't leave her hanging!" He exclaimed.

They looked at him with annoyed expressions.

"You won't notice me. I'll be a ghost." Daniel added.

"Ghosts are lame." Their little brother Anthony spoke up with a mouthful of food.

"I'm not talking about a costume. It's just an expression." Daniel replied.

"Just promise you won't embarrass us."

"I promise."

"Oh, he promises a lot of things." Nicole mumbled and rolled her eyes, but made sure no one could hear her.

🌻

Nicole finished on her hair, going for the straight hair look that Natasha Romanoff had in Captain America: The Winter Solider.

Once she was finished with the hair and the slight makeup she did, she looked at herself in the mirror. The costume was practically skin tight and highlighted all of her curves.

"Oh no. I might have to change my costume name to 'gender-neutral Black Widow.'" Nicole muttered to herself.

"Nicole are you—. Oh my god. You look amazing!" Sam exclaimed as she walked into her sister's bedroom.