C H A P T E R T W E N T Y-F I V E

Nicole and Amanda had spent their afternoon driving through town and stopping for some sushi, then going to the mall before eventually making their way back to the LaRusso house once the sun started to set

"I...remember that...the c-cake was...awful." Nicole choked out between laughed.

Amanda laughed along with her daughter and pulled into the driveway.

Once they got there, Sam was just getting out of her car and Nicole smiled.

She jumped out of the car and ran over to her sister, jumping into her arms.

"Sammy!" She cheered.

"Nicole!" Sam laughed and the two swayed back and forth. "I heard about the championship. I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you. I love you."

"I love you, too."

The two shared a silence between each other and Amanda came over, turning it into a group hug.

"I love you so much, my sweet girls."

She planted a kiss on each of their heads, then pulled away.

"Please tell me you're staying for dinner." Sam pulled away from her sister.

"I wish, but I should probably get going. It's getting late. The sun's already setting." Nicole pointed.

"Oh come on, that hasn't stopped you from doing things before." Sam replied.

"You're right, and I'd love to, but honestly, I have to go." Nicole sighed.

"Alright, but I'm calling you later. And you better pick up." Sam pointed.

Nicole laughed. "I will. I swear. Bye, Sam. Bye, Mom."

"Bye sweetie. We love you."

"Love you more."

Nicole got into her car and started the engine. She took one last look at the house as well as her mother and sister until finally pulling away and going back to Hawk's house.

🌻

Demetri held the volleyball out, stretching his neck, and hit the ball, but it ended up hitting the net.

Courtney, Hawk, and Nicole groaned, Hawk standing up straight.

"Again?" Courtney rolled her eyes at him.

"Oops. Mulligan, send it back." Demetri sighed.

"There's no mulligans in volleyball." Hawk replied.

"Says you." Demetri scoffed.

Demetri walked away, taking a water break.

Hawk squinted at him, then looked over at his girlfriend and pulled her by the waist.