C H A P T E R T H I R T Y-S E V E N

Nicole was sitting alone, no longer having fun at the party

Hawk was on the other side of the room, laughing with some of his Cobra Kai friends.

Nicole exhaled and looked up at the ceiling, noticing how white and smooth it was.

"How does someone even paint a ceiling?" She muttered to herself.

Suddenly, the sound of feedback was heard all round them.

"Excuse me!" Demetri said into the microphone at the front of the room, tapping his cup.

Nicole stood up and looked at him with a smile, Hawk having the opposite expression on his face.

"Hi, Demetri! You guys, I know that guy!" Nicole waved.

"Um, hi, Nicole, you're very drunk. Anyway, I'd like to make a toast. To Eli Moskowitz!" Demetri raised his cup.

Nicole tilted her head to look at Hawk, no one knowing that he was Eli.

"Hey, Demetri! He's not Eli anymore!" Nicole whisper-shouted.

Ignoring her, Demetri continued.

"Oh! I'm sorry! Some of you might know him as Hawk. But underneath that crazy clown cosplay and whatever type of Manic Panic he dumps in his hair, he's still good old Eli. My binary brother." Demetri chuckled.

"Demetri and Eli, binary brothers!" Nicole sang with a laugh.

Hawk looked over at her, wanting both her and Demetri to keep quiet.

Aisha noticing, she grabbed Nicole's arm and kept her next to her.

"Hi, Aisha."

"Hey."

"Well, he was my binary brother. You know what he is now? A real zero." Demetri continued.

Everyone started laughing.

"Alright, that's enough, Demetri." Hawk called.

Nicole's heart sunk when she saw that it was starting to upset Hawk, despite being so angry at him, she didn't want to see him hurt.

But unfortunately, Demetri didn't listen to him.

"Don't let that angry red hairdo fool you. He's a big softie. We watched every Harry Potter movie together and he bawled like a baby when Dobby died."

Demetri imitated crying and everyone started laughing.

"All right, if he doesn't shut up, I'm gonna shut him up." Hawk growled, looking at Mitch.

"Remember what Sensei said about showing mercy?" Mitch reminded.

Nicole looked from them and back at Demetri.

"In the words of Eli's hero, Steve Jobs, I have one more thing." Demetri went on. "Have any of you heard sleep enuresis?"

Nicole gasped, when she realized what Demetri was about to say, having a moment of clarity despite being drunk.