twenty-two

Hi guys, long time no see. Hehe, I am so sorry for this slow update :( a lot of things just kind of happened at the same time and finding the time to write was just hard. I hope I'll get back into my routine so I can supply you with chapters again. In the meantime, please enjoy my tooth rotting fluff.

The lecture hall was packed like usual, every seat taken as the professor stood and fully comitted to the subject, babbled on for long minutes, seemingly without an end. It was chilly in the lofty space, and I tugged my sleeves longer down to cover my hands, it had been snowing almost non-stop and it was a miracle that the bus was even driving. Hell, it was a miracle I was even able to take the bus again, to be able to afford transportation.
I sat next to Dae-Hyun and absentmindedly scribbled down notes on a sheet of paper. Suddenly the professor went oddly quiet, and I realized that everyone else started talking, panicking I packed my notebook away and stared around to find Dae-Hyun already looking at me.
"Earth to Y/n?" He laughed and waved a hand in front of my face. "You fell asleep or something?" I squinted at him and pushed his hand away. "Ha-ha. You look down one second and all hell breaks loose." I grumbled. "What are we doing anyway?"
"We're going to form groups to work on the project, want to be together?" He said and tilted his head, so his shiny chestnut hair caught in the light. It looked so perfect, so charming, that I was sure he practiced at home. The thought made me smile to myself.

"Sure!" I replied and began packing my computer out, completely oblivious to what the assignment was even on. But that didn't matter, Dae-Hyun would surely inform me. We were on better terms again, after my blunt rejection and his sour response. Which was a very fair response to be honest, I deserved the awkward silence that we sported for a few weeks. But that was all gone now with March soon rolling around.

After sharing a document with Dae, I looked up from my screen to see someone standing before me, much to my shock.
"Hi." Said Na-ra and beamed at us. More at Dae-Hyun if I had to be honest, she was barely looking at me. "Mind if I join? Trios, you know." Her eyes glanced over to me, and they narrowed for a split second, before returning gleefully to Dae-Hyun. He cleared his throat before sitting down again. "Uh, yeah sure, Na-ra. You can join. If Y/n is okay with it of course."
"Of course..." She echoed and let her snaky eyes shift to me. I squirmed uncomfortably in my seat and gave my best smile, finding it deeply and darkly inside of me to be the bigger person. "No, yeah yeah. It's fine." Na-ra clapped her hands and almost did a little jump with a vibrant smile. "Perfect!" She took a seat next to Dae-Hyun, making him sit in between the two of us. I cleared my throat and fought down the annoyed emotions inside of me and spoke to the two of them. "Okay, so I made a document. Na-ra what's your last name so I can share it-" I was unfortunately cut off by her shrilly voice before I could finish my sentence.
"Oh, Y/n, I didn't even get to ask! How did your audition go?" She peeked over at me with big eyes, so much bigger and more Bambi like than when Dae-Hyun wasn't there. Just like her voice, a few or five octaves higher than her usual tone. But right now, her attention wasn't on Mr. popular beside me, who glanced unsurely between the two of us. I was her current target.

I let out a strained smile and strangled my emotions to lash out at her. There was no way she knew what had happened, it just wasn't a possibility, but she sure acted like it. Just the thought of it made me feel like I was choking.
"It went fine. Even though I didn't get a role I'm still glad I went." She put her hand to her heart, as if earnest, and smiled at my words.
"Oh me too. Or well, they did say that they'd contact me about the role, but then it all got called off. The director got fired or something, the whole project is cancelled." The last words ended in a sullen pout. I stared back at her as my heart pounded beneath my chest, instantly knowing that that had been Jungkook's work. We hadn't talked about how exactly he would "take care of it", but I guess this was how. Now that scumbag was jobless and I felt a wash of relief flood my body.
"Apparently somebody had reported him for something or whatever, super annoying because now it affects us all. Some people are so selfish." Na-ra drawled and stared at her nails, holding the pinkish tone up into the light. I bit down so hard I felt my jaw shift and stared at my shoes. Na-ra didn't have a single ounce of compassion stored within her body, and not enough care to look the case through before forming opinions.