sixteen

I think I died and then resurrected multiple times during this chapter.

My summer vacation is arriving now, and I'll be travelling so my schedule will be pretty packed. Updates will probably vary from the normal the following weeks, some chapters might come earlier, and some might come later :) Please be understanding, I love you guys!

I hadn't really done anything for the first day in Los Angeles. The weather was interesting. Warm, cold, and wet at the same time. The boys went sightseeing together before the hitmakers brunch tomorrow, and I wasn't allowed to join, so I just chilled at the hotel. Spending the whole day contemplating whether to order room service hot chocolate and pay up the ridiculously high price or spend my day in misery catching up on schoolwork. I choose the misery because I was broke. Marina asked if I was feeling any better, I replied not really but that sleeping really helped. That I slept all the time and only woke up to pee. That way she hopefully wouldn't stop by. I felt so bad about lying that the words on my computer started mushing together into one big mess, and I could only peer into the rain-covered streets in a mindless stare.
I was happy when Jungkook came back, he brought sushi and we ate on the bed as the rain poured down outside. There was a comfortable silence where we just looked at each other. Like we saw everything and nothing at all, at the same time. I think I was in love with him, I realized. I didn't tell him.

Next day, I got into a car with the staff again. Buzz was a lot calmer now as we drove off for Variety's hitmakers brunch. The boys had gotten ready beforehand, looking all sharp and gorgeous in their suits and Jungkook in his leather jacket. I think I might've started drooling because suddenly Jimin teasingly pinched my cheek with a following "Like whatcha seeing, doll?" My cheeks had turned so red that I had had to hide my face whilst the guys laughed. So yes, now I was in a car. We pulled into the underground parking garage whilst Buzz passionately listed instructions for me. When we arrived, I locked eyes with Jungkook from across the room one last time before following Buzz's instructions and slipping backstage. The boys got their photos taken for what felt like forever as I followed a hairstylist into a staff room that honestly smelled like piss. How I had even been allowed to come with to such a prestige event, I had no idea. Maybe Jungkook was great at arguing for his cause, or they simply just didn't care?

The hairstylist must have seen the mildly confused expression on my face and my bobbing knee, because he spoke up to clarify. "We just wait until here until they need us. They'll probably come stop by at some point." We ended up playing ludo on his phone for a long time, celebrities, and people I would sell my soul to meet right on the other side of the wall. The guys too, I wanted to be there with them, but I knew I couldn't. I never would be able to be that.

Random staff came filtering through at all times, cameras slung over their shoulders, people with boxes, people with trays of food, people with technical equipment. Everything and everyone were there. Sejin stopped by at one point, needing the hairstylist for an urgent fix of Jin's hair that somehow got messed up. I was left alone. That was until a guy stepped into the small room. He was carrying a camera and frustratingly pushed the buttons of it. So caught up in it he didn't even realize that I was there. "Oh, for fucks sake, now you decide not to work?! You stupid son of a-" He suddenly saw me and a silence fell over his features. He looked me up and down from my position on the couch. "Huh, didn't even see you there. Sorry. Cameras not working." He said and wiggled the camera to accentuate. "Oh, it's fine. Didn't bother me." I shrugged coolly and thinned my lips. This was slightly awkward.

"Cool, uh, you know how to fix these things?"
I raised a brow. "You don't?" He groaned and looked at the ceiling. His dirty blonde hair being pulled back as he ran his free hand through his locks. "No, I'm just hired to film. Don't know shit about cameras." I laughed and got up, walking closer to him. "Terrible company you work for."
"Tell me about it." He groaned and then looked at me when I started expecting the camera closer. "Who are you with?"
Only for a millisecond I stopped in a moment of quiet apprehension before I spoke. "I'm with BTS."
"Shit, those from South Korea? Lucky you. What do you do?" He asked as I started pressing buttons. Finally filming class had paid off, I had otherwise sworn it never would. Remembering the manual, I said: "Makeup artist."