nine

Finally, after all this time, I present to you: BUNNY BOY<3 ugh my beloved. Also, that that Yoongi has a chokehold on me, and I do not know how to cope.

Please leave a vote if you like my story and comment if you wish. I would love to get feedback! Anyway enjoy!!

"You've been stress cooking?" Marina asked me at the long lunch table where we sat next to each other. I huffed and placed another piece of my chicken on her plate. "No, I just wanted to cook." I said, pushing the image of my totally filled kitchen at home out of my brain. So, I was lying and so what? Not like I could tell her the reason why. I had only known Marina for just about month, a month at my new school, and yes, we had grown closer than I had ever been to a person before, but I couldn't tell her about Jungkook.

His birthday was edging closer and closer, and so was the opportunity to give him my gift. It seemed a bit weird to give him socks if there wasn't at least any form of occasion or reasoning behind. So that why his birthday was an obvious time to give him it. But I didn't feel ready. I didn't feel ready to face him after so long, nearly half a year since, and with no contact in between. What if he had changed his mind about taking up contact again? What if he didn't want to see me anymore? I mean, he hadn't texted me either for all this time. I wasn't the only one to blame.

Trust me, I had tried forgetting him (Well kind of it was halfhearted but nonetheless). I had pushed and struggled to escape my never-ending thoughts of him, but it became insanely hard when I suddenly 24/7 was surrounded by Marina and Young-Soo's hardcore flirting. It was tearing at my mind and heartstrings. They looked so happy whenever they stole hidden looks at each other. I saw how they both batted their heart eyes, without the other even noticing. They were both so blatantly oblivious that it was killing me. Just scared and waiting for the other to confess.
It made me feel lonely. It was so clear that they were perfect together that I couldn't help but wish for the same.

"Your chicken is good." Marina piped up. "What did you use to season it?"
I stared into the air, still deep in thought, my brain working on autopilot as I balanced my chin on my fist. "Does your sense of taste not work?" I questioned back. Marina squinted at me and pouted. "I drank too much tea yesterday. Burned my tongue."
I chuckled a little. "It's paprika."
"Really?"
"Yes, Marina. It's paprika."
She only shrugged at that and then picked at her nails. "Are you okay today?" She asked, peeking up at me from below as she slid her face underneath mine. At that I woke up from my slumber and breathed a laugh. "I'm fine, just a bit tired" I said and peered at her with lidded eyes.

"You sure you're not stress cooking? Because I mean, you did make a lot of food." Marina said softly, seeming sincerely a bit worried. I booped her nose to reassure her of my state. "I'm fine really. Just went to bed too late."
"Augh, I do that too. Like a week ago I stayed up watching Buzzfeed unsolved until I was too scared to leave my own bed and go pee, so you can imagine I didn't really get a lot of slee-" Marina began rambling but something else caught my eyes.

I lifted my head to get a better look as someone tall entered through the wide cafeteria doors. He was eye catching to say the least, handsome and youthful with light chestnut hair, beige jacket, and a flashing smile. It wasn't hard to spot how the aura inside the room changed when he entered, as if he had been awaited. He smiled and suddenly a flock of girl were all over him. Greeting him and fuzzing. I let out a breath of astonishment at their reaction. Marina lifted her head too. "Oh, he's back then."
My gaze flickered to Marina. "Who?"

"Cheong Dae-Hyun..." She breathed epically, stretching her neck into the air, as if he were a god returning from battle. I lifted a brow at her. "Why'd you say it like that?"
"It's all part of the new-school-experience. You should appreciate it." Marina explained and patted me on the back. I shook my head like a dog shaking its fur, shaking off whatever the hell Marina meant.
"What do you mean he's back? Did he leave?" I asked and put another piece of chicken in my mouth, still one brow lifted. The flavors exploded on my tongue and I almost melted. I was good at cooking.
"Eh probably just on extended vacation." Marina drawled and took a chonk of my chicken with her chopsticks, much to my dismay as I yelped, and she popped it in her mouth. "You..still haff a lot, relaX." She mumbled, mouth full and voice muffled. I icked and decided to turn my gaze back to the guy I now knew was Dae-Hyun. Girls still not letting him go, practically hanging onto his arms, and boys keeping a secret side eye on him.
"He looks a bit...grand." I said, pursing my lips as I looked for the right word. I still wasn't sure if it was the right one.
"He can be a bit ego from time to time, but he's sweet enough." Marina shrugged. Did she know him? She talked like she knew him.