five

I woke up to a text from an unknown number.

Unknown number:
hi pretty girl

I stared at in a daze, not really sure if I was hoping it was from Jungkook or some creepy stranger, trying to sell me a weird std pill. Don't ask...
I sat up in the couch and pulled the white duvet over my body, until I was nothing, but a caterpillar enveloped in a cocoon, ignoring the fact that my family was buzzing all around me, waking up and getting ready for the breakfast buffet. I blinked at the text. If it actually was from Jungkook it sure seemed like a weird text, "hi pretty girl". Not really a normal way to greet someone, and, not going to lie, not really the way I had hoped for. And if it was the std guy it wouldn't be too weird, probably got my number off some illegal website. But what was the chances of the std guy texting me right when I had given Jungkook my number. Problem was that yesterday Jungkook had ran off before I could get his number, so I wouldn't exactly know if it was him before he introduced himself.

"Y/n, you have to get up. The buffet closes in an hour." My mom called from the bathroom where I could see she was applying mascara through the slight door opening.
"Yeah yeah..." I said absentmindedly, thinking about what to reply. Something that was acceptable for both Jungkook and std guy just in case you know.

hi pretty person? I typed in and then quickly deleted it. The little blue line blinked, waiting for me to type an answer. It almost felt judging and daring, come one just type it in, it's not that hard stupido- I could almost hear it say. I pursed my lips at the screen. Maybe pretty person wouldn't be so bad. Kind of mocking I suppose because their text was kind of weird, but hi pretty person? also just sounds very weird too, ack I'm crying.... or something. I typed it in again.
"Y/n!!," My little brother whined and jumped into my lap, knocking all air out of me and I hunched over in pain as his elbow dug into my stomach. oof. I swear he did it on purpose.
"Come on, we've gotta get breakfast!" Jack pleaded with his black doe eyes, bouncing up and down like a little bunny. "Ohahah," I desperately laughed and tried to breathe. "Just give me two seconds."

And then I heard it. The melodic pling signaling that a message had been sent. My eyes snapped to the phone in my hand, and I indeed saw how my thumb hovered over the "sending" button. My eyes widened times ten and I immediately sat up straighter, sending my little brother tumbling of the edge of the couch and down onto the floor with a loud thud.

"Oh nonononononono-" I began panicking, immediately regretting, and scolding myself for even typing it in again. Damn you Y/n, you really do have the iq of a sloth.

I hurriedly tried my options to delete the text, but then remembered that the text would stay put on the other persons phone no matter what I did. Curse you phone! I sighed exasperatedly and dug my head into the duvet to muffle my guttural screams. The fact that the text possible could show up on Jungkook's phone was entirely too embarrassing, and in that moment I was just patiently waiting for the ground to swallow me whole. Heart literally going 200 mph an hour. What would he think of me? That I was perhaps in fact a little childish girl, not worthy of his time. Yes, I was totally ignoring that he quite literally had said "hi pretty girl" first. My mind wasn't working normally okay, don't judge.

"Y/n pumpkin, you okay?" My mom asked calmy, as if me screaming into my duvet was a normal occurrence.
"Uhuh totally." I managed to squeak as my voice was muffled by the covers. I stuck a thumbs up to hide my internal pain and finally pulled my head up with a deep-purely-pain groan and stared at the phone screen.

Unknown number:
hi pretty girl

Me:
hi pretty person?
sent 8:56 AM