one

AN: Okay okay guys, welcome to One-Way Ticket, first chapter wheeee!! Please enjoy and don't be a silent reader, I love reading comments! And please vote if you like the chapter<3

TW: accidental injury

Edit: note to self, never reread chapters because you will see all old mistakes and feel an unquenchable need to rewrite the whole damn thing. Which means I changed a bit lol, I do still have a shred of self-control. Enjoy.

Looking out the small, white-rimmed airplane window, I could see Incheon airport in the distance.
Big and glorious looking, shining like a diamond under the gentle spring sun. Almost blinding me. We were nearing our landing and I could feel the fear slowly materializing like a pit in my stomach. Fear of what would soon be. Moving to Seoul alone right after high school was a big step, and for every hour I had spent on this plane, I felt like the step grew bigger and bigger. Suddenly I was afraid I wasn't able to stretch my leg far enough, that I would fall into the hole, unable to claw my way back up again. Acting school had been my biggest dream since forever, the vast amount of Korean dramas playing on our tv at home having surely affected my interests. And now me and my family, were on our way to spend spring break in Seoul. To get a feel of the city and my apartment before I was to leave alone. Just the thought made me squirm uncomfortably in the tiny plane seat. Acting was my dream, but being a young woman, alone in a giant city for the first time, in a totally new country, would probably never not incite fear in me. For very obvious reasons.

A little bling sounded out and my head jerked up to notice the little seat belt over my head, light up. And on cue, the pilot's pleasant voice sounded out of the speaker. Informing us to put those seatbelts on because the landing was near. So, I clicked the belt and turned my attention to my brother.

"Hey, Jack?"
"Mhmhhmm?" He hummed as his fingers violently tapped the screen of his phone, playing a dress up game. I swear to God, that little man was a born fashionista.
"Jack, come on, put your seat belt on. We'll be there soon." I said, growing a bit annoyed as he didn't even look up once. "If you don't, there's a chance that you'll get hurt if the plane crashes." That made him look up. He furrowed his black brows. "Yeah yeah, whatever."
"Put your seatbelt on." I squinted at him. Jack gave me the stink eye and that was the end of conversation. The plane landed smoothly, and we entered the airport. I officially sat my feet on Korean earth for the first ever time in my 19-year-old life. I had no idea what I had expected, maybe some kind of magic shockwave exploding up through my legs and making my hair stand like electricity, as I melted back into the country of where I came from. Stepping on the earth of where my parents were born, from before they moved to the US. They had not gone back once since their new life in the eighties. We were here on my account, on my attempt to reconnect with my Korean roots and create a new life.

Inside the airport I was wholly overwhelmed by the amount of people, new impressions, and black hair filtering through from everywhere. Somehow just the mere sight made something in me feel whole. Finally, a place where people looked like me. I wasn't a black sheep, but rather just a face in the crowd. I made sure we stopped at every single shop inside the airport that, mind you, looked more like a mall than anything.

There was even a shuttle train that took us out into the city. From there we took a taxi to the hotel. It was a nice hotel I supposed, normal in all regards. A single-family room in beige colors, where I of course ended up with sleeping on the couch. When I looked out of the windows, I could see Seoul unfold in an explosion of life beneath. I gazed amazed down as the beautiful chaos unraveled before my eyes. Warm sunbeams warmed my face and the city up in a pleasant fluttery way. The concrete buildings and skyscrapers stood high and mighty around the ever-moving swarm of people. Some in business suits, walking with a hurrying speed down the sidewalks, others setting a relaxing pace and simply enjoying the beautiful spring day in the city. Cars zoomed by and people whistled for taxis. The bright sunlight bounced of the rear windows just like it bounced of the skyscrapers, covered in blue-ish glass. But my favorite thing was probably the stark contrast between nature and city. Green and grand mountains decorated the city skyline, and parks and trees lined the streets. There was always something new for the eye to explore. The city was its own living, breathing, heart pounding thing.