Fifty Two

~

...~..........~...
Three words

The storm was gone when Luna woke up, it was still raining and a bit windy but that was it. Rafe was still asleep next to her, she was glad that he was still peacefully asleep. But after a bit when Luna was on her phone trying to text JJ but had no wifi or connection, he started to shift nervously.
Luna stroke over his back and he relaxed again. But after she stopped, he woke up slowly.

"Luna..." He sighed and turned around giving her a small smile.

"Morning. How are you?"

"Okay... a bit tired. How did you sleep?"

"Had a restless sleep same as you."

"Yeah it was shit..." He said as he was yawning. "Why are you awake then?"

"I couldn't sleep."

"Can't we keep sleeping?" He rolled over to her and pulled him into his arms.

Without answering Luna joined his arms. They cuddled and fell asleep again.
After two hours Rafe woke up to Luna who was already awake.
"Hi." He kissed her shoulder.

"Good morning." Luna chuckled. "Do you want eat breakfast?"

"Yes I'm starving." He nodded.

Luna put on a shirt of his and they walked downstairs. Rafe didn't want to look outside to the street but Luna did. Everywhere were laying branches and trash. It was a mess. The tree that fell on the car crushed it completely. She sighed and walked away to Rafe who stood in the kitchen making pancakes.

"And?" He asked.

"As usual. A mess."

He nodded and flipped a pancake in the pan. Luna got plates and made coffee.
Soon they sat at the table eating the delicious pancakes.
When they were done, Rafe got their plates and put everything they used in the dishwasher.

Luna noticed that he got quiet when they ate, it was still like that, she wondered why. She stood against the kitchen counter and watched him clean the rest up. She then checked if her messages got to JJ but of course they didn't.

"Why didn't you want to have sex?" Rafe asked suddenly.

Luna lifted her head and frowned. "Because after the call I was mad at what JJ said and it ruined the mood for me."

"But-" He responded. "But that was out of nowhere."

"Yeah I know. I just didn't want to anymore."