I.

Brooklyn, New York. 1994

Yaser Malik is married to Patricia. He's a hard worker, he always has been. At a young age, he decided that he was going to have his own business. Now he does a textile factory.

They have an only child, Zayn, a 13-year-old boy, a very happy kid. He has a kitten named Jeremiah, and he loves drawing and spending time with his best friend, Liam Payne, that's also his neighbor.

He demonstrated, from a very young age that he had a huge inclination to art. When he went to the Brooklyn Museum for the first time on a field trip with his school, he was fascinated by it. So fascinated that he asked his father to bring him again to visit the next weekend.

He enjoyed spending hours admiring those beautiful paintings in his spare time.

One weekend Yaser and Patricia had to make a business trip to Connecticut. And Zayn had to stay at his best friend's house. It was just a couple of nights, his parents will be coming back by Sunday but Zayn was very discouraged.

"Dad! Why can't I come with you, please? I can stay at the hotel and I promise to behave. I always behave!" Zayn begged his father who denied his request again.

"Son, I told you we can't leave you alone at the hotel, the two days will be full of meetings and of course, kids are not allowed. I'm so sorry son, this is a business trip. I promise I'll compensate you for this, I can take you to the museum next weekend. I know there's an art exhibition that you'd like for sure." Yaser said.

"Yes, but... I want to go with you." Zayn sobbed holding Jeremiah, his cat in his arms. He was a gift from his father on his last birthday.

"Come on son, what about if I tell you that I have the tickets already? Here." Yaser said taking out the entrance tickets from his nightstand drawer.

"Really?! Wow!" Zayn yelled smiling.

"Aren't you sad anymore, are you son?" Yaser asked.

"No, I'm not. Well, a bit. I'm going to miss you both. But thanks, Dad!" Zayn said hugging his father and grabbing the pair of tickets close to his chest.

"You're going to stay with your friend. Aren't you excited about it? You're going to Coney Island on Sunday," Yaser said sitting next to Zayn on his bed.

"I know, but... I have... I just don't want you to go," Zayn said.

"Son, we are coming back on Sunday afternoon," his father said.

"Alright," Zayn said looking down.
                  ************

On Friday afternoon, Yaser and Patricia left Zayn with the Paynes.

"I appreciate this Karen. Unfortunately, we can't take Zayn with us this time," Patricia said.

"No problem, dear. Zayn's a lovely kid," Karen said.

"Sonshine, please behave yourself and do your homework. We'll come back in a couple of days. Have fun in the park," Patricia said to Zayn caressing and kissing his cheek.

"Mom..." Zayn said hugging her tightly.

"Thanks so much, Karen," Yaser said too.

"Zayn, let's go! I have a new video game! Come!," Liam said excitedly.

"Dad!" Zayn hugged their parents tightly, and then wave them goodbye. He was feeling so sad and he wasn't in the mood to play any video games with Liam.

After his parents said goodbye, he saw them driving off the neighborhood, Zayn sighed, took his backpack, and went upstairs to Liam's room.