I am there with you

Pin's POV:

Son let go off me for a while and then picked up the cup of coffee placed on the tea table and handed it to me. "Drink it before it turns cold." He said. I took the cup and sipped a little only to feel more calm. Son picked up the other cup and begin to sip the coffee while trying to reach out for the remote control of tele.

"Why do you need the remote?" I asked. "May be you will be more calm after watching something nice." He replied. "Son, just place the remote aside. I don't want to watch anything. Can we just sit and talk?" I suggested.

"Sure..." he replied while placing the remote aside and then turning to give me his full attention. "What do you wanna talk about?" he asked. "About Kris... I feel scared. His warning keeps ringing in my head and I am sure that he won't just sit quiet. He will be searching for an opportunity to ruin everything for me." I spoke.

"Pin, you should stop thinking about him. I am sure that we can take care of everything and even if Kris tries something, there is no way I am letting you go. I know you and I don't need opinions from others to judge you." Son said.

"But Son, it's not just about you and me. Your family... You have reputation and name which might get ruined because of me. Think about it Son. Kris will surely take the advantage if he comes to know about this." I spoke out my worries. "Pin, as you know, having name helps in lot many ways and we can do the same with Kris, even if he does something, we can use our authority to suppress everything and prove that it was all fake and made up by Kris and I will make sure that he is labelled as psychopath by all." Son said.

Even though Son tried to assure me that he will take care of everything, my concerns still kept lingering in my head. I have known Kris from my college day and have seen what kind of demon he was. My whole college life was ruined because of him and it took me years to finally return back to normal. And that is the main reason why I don't want anyone else to suffer.

I placed the cup aside and then pulled my knees close to my chest hugging them tightly while trying to tell myself that everything was fine. Son seemed to have noticed me because the next moment he was beside me pulling me against his chest. "You don't have to worry love. I am there with you and I will take care of everything." He assured.

I leaned into him, holding him tightly while telling myself to be calm. Son was my home where I would find all my peace and comfort. And I have gotten so used to him since last few days that it scares me thinking about what will happen if I lose him because of Kris. Will I be able to bear the loss?

I stayed at Son's house for quite some time and then he decided of dropping me home. I left his house halfheartedly since I wanted to stay with him some more. He left soon after dropping me because he got a call from P'Peak. I wished he would have stayed some more.

I ate my dinner without having any argument with por and returned back to my room. My anxiety was peaking with each passing second and I was more than scared thinking what I will do. I lay on bed with my eyes open and staring at the ceiling and soon I felt tears rolling down from my eyes. Why is Kris so obsessed with me? Why can't he leave me alone?

I knew sleep would be evading me since the thoughts and worries had already clouded my mind. Just when I thought of grabbing something to read, I felt some activity in my balcony. I quickly grabbed the torch and the stick and tiptoed towards the balcony door.

I was all ready to hit the intruder the moment the person enters in. The door was slowly pushed open revealing a tall frame that was blocking most of the light from outside. I held the stick very tightly ready to strike any time when I heard a low whisper, "Pin?"

Damn you Son!! You will someday scare the hell out of me. I dropped the stick aside and then finally approached him with the torch still in my hand. "Why were you hiding?" he asked. "I thought someone was trying to sneak into the house so I was all ready to beat that person." I replied.