At the end of the day

Pin's POV:

The office hours were already over and all had left for home. But I was stuck in this place where I was standing in front of my seniors. I spared a glance at the person beside me who had her head hanging low.

"Ms Nin, you have been reported for misconduct one more time. After continuous warnings, you still didn't improve and your departmental head himself have reported you now, so we have no other option. Do you want to say anything?" One of the persons sitting on the chairs in front of us asked.

"I think the departmental head is being bias with the new employee. He had been spending much more time with him then necessary." Nin said. "That cannot be considered as a reason for your misbehavior. As far as we know, today is Mr Pin's first day at work so it's obvious that the departmental head would be talking to him more often to assign the duties. That doesn't mean that you are allowed to criticize someone." The CEO stated and then continued, "And the complaints against you are from long back and have been continuously reported by different people. There have been people from other departments who said that you have been troubling them. It's not just one person."

What had this girl been up to? Nevertheless, I didn't dare to look at the people who were sitting in my front. "Mr Pin, you want to say something?" One of the three asked. "No Sir..." I replied. I held my breathe not knowing what was going to happen. Son was standing right next to me and he seemed so relaxed.

"Ms Nin, you are being transferred to other plant and will be working in different department. You can collect the letter tomorrow from the receptionist. We will be watching you thoroughly for 6 months before deciding whether to keep you in company or not." The owner said. They are not that bad... I am glad that they at least gave her a chance. Otherwise, I would have felt more guilty for having ruined her job.

"Mr Son, please stay back, I want to have a word with you." The owner said. I felt his gaze fixed on me for a while before it was directed to Son. "Ms Nin, you can leave and Mr Pin, we are sorry for all the trouble you had to face on the first day." The head said, there was a smile playing on his lips.

I returned back to the department to collect my stuff. It was already past 6.30 pm and the bus would have already gone. I will have to wait for another one hour now. I made sure that everything was in place before I moved to leave the place.

I walked out of the main building only to find that there was no one around except for the security guard. I walked past the gate and headed straight to bus stop. Then it struck my mind, I haven't seen Nin. Where did she go? She was supposed to collect her stuff from the office but there was no sign of her.

I sat down on the bench while looking around the place. The street looked quite deserted and there was hardly any vehicle passing from there. I fished out my cell phone thinking of dialing Pond's number but then thought that he must be on his way home.

I called home and informed mae that I'll be late. I didn't want her to get worried for me. I leaned against the back rest and then sighed while looking at the empty road and thinking about the events of the day.

The time when son walked in and everyone told me that he is cold prince, when he called me in his cabin, when he bluntly declared that he is my boyfriend in front of Pond, when he bought me food because I didn't eat lunch, when we were discussing about his schedule. Unknowingly, a small smile crept on my face. Son was making my heart flutter and beat at more rapid rate.

Suddenly the image of Son crossed my mind when he had pinned me to the door. My heart started to beat messily just at the thought. I closed my eyes and tried to calm down my heart.

Just then a car stopped in front of me and the windows were rolled down. "Pin, get inside." Son's voice floated through the air and I immediately snapped my head in his direction. Think of the devil and the devil is here.