Volume 3 - The Affairs of the Protagonist| 83: Battle under the pool.

A loud swish resounded; like a ghost moving into the woods; Kendra ran at a speed that is barely visible in the eye. 

Rapid Sprint, this is the name of the S-Tier skill that is a mix of earth and wind attribute that Kendra is augmenting. Using Augmentation magic formation to enhance the speed of her body with her wind affinity, and by decreasing her body mass with her earth affinity; Kendra's body became light as a feather. 

Kendra isn't just simply decreasing her body weight; she is also simultaneously shifting the weight between her legs so as to not lose accuracy and balance; it will also lighten the load of the gravity pulling her down. 

In addition to this; Kendra is Manifesting an invisible windshield in front of her to block all the wind and rain that would lessen her speed. While doing so, Kendra is also manipulating those winds behind her to push her back; this in turn, increases Kendra's speed even more in running.  

As Kendra moves in a flash through the heavy rain in the wilderness of Greenfield; Kendra is also using her wind attribute to locate where the source of the sound of scream is coming from; she is using the wind attribute to spread her aura of awareness.

In return, it will bring back many different sounds to Kendra's ears; this A-Tier wind skill is called Echolocation; it works the same way with how Bats monsters would use sound to navigate their surroundings; the only difference is that Kendra doesn't need to emit a sound. 

Kendra only needs to use Manifestation Magic to send out her wind attribute, and to spread these winds as far as Kendra could reach. At the time being, Kendra can only spread her aura of awareness for about five kilometres, which could be equal to six thousands of steps if Kendra is brisk walking. 

This made Kendra track the scream accurately to the southwest part of the Greenfield, and this is what Kendra heard.

"HELP! AAAAHHHH!"

That's it.

But Kendra could vaguely sense the urgency, so Kendra moved even faster with Rapid Sprint. As soon as Kendra arrives at Southwest Greenfield; Kendra slows down her speed to stop accurately on where the voice is coming from. Kendra walks in a haste; standing on top of the boulder near the edge of the waterfall.

Kendra roamed her eyes around to locate where the person was, and from the top, it gave a clear view in Kendra's eyes. 

Under the heavy rain; water gushing down heedless from where Kendra is standing, and on the base of the waterfall is a hand struggling to swim up on the surface of the savage rippling water. 

Kendra narrowed her eyes; she didn't hesitate to dive down, swimming to the drowning student. Kendra applied Manifestation Magic to change the course of the water, using this course to push herself to the student and to also lessen the pressure of the water onto the student.

As Kendra swims her way near the student; the face of a familiar brunette hair and bright green eyes appeared in sight. Kendra knitted her brows seeing Faye slowly drowning deep down to the plunge of water. Hurriedly, Kendra grabs Faye's red coat collar, swimming up on the surface, and crawling to the mud near the edge of the stream. 

The loud pitter pattering sound of rain echoed through Kendra's ears; she weakly lay her body down on the muddy ground as she breathed hard and heavy, feeling her heart beating loud from the sudden adrenaline rush in her system.

On the other hand, Faye chokes to herself, coughing out some water out of her mouth; she sat up as her chest heaved up and down, panting for air.

"*Cough, cough* Haaah, Kendra, haaah, thank you…you saved my life just now," Faye said in a weak voice; her reddened eyes stared at Kendra gratefully.