Volume 1 - The Inception| 32: Summoned by the dean master.

Standing on the balcony, Kendra stared at the night sky, looking in a trance.

Kendra can't stop thinking about that person and those light brown eyes. The person who has the same face and body as Nasrin.

Lory said that she poisoned Nasrin before that weird Nasrin appeared. Perhaps, Lory poisoning Nasrin has something to do with the sudden appearance of that weird Nasrin?

Kendra sighed as her brows knitted. She doesn't know who that person is but, that person is no doubt innocent, and she almost brought harm to that naive ignorant girl.

After returning to the past, Kendra thought that heaven gave her the chance to redo things all over again. To make things right.

Kendra thought she was here for a purpose. To bring justice for her fellow omegas in this kingdom. To help her father bring the royalty family down to hell. To help the poor victims from the corrupt nobles.

Kendra thought she was chosen for a reason.

However, Kendra was proven wrong when she came to know that Lory also returns to the past with her.

Kendra realises that she is not a chosen one.

So when Lory came to Kendra, her sister persuaded her to seek vengeance on everyone that harmed them. And Kendra agreed; she thought, maybe it was the reason why she was brought back into the past with Lory. Perhaps it was for revenge.

However, Kendra was once again proven wrong. The Nasrin in this timeline isn't acting the usual Nasrin from her original timeline.

Kendra felt lost and empty after discovering this truth.

[Why am I even here? What is the reason why I'm here? Was there even a reason? Is fate just merely playing a game with me then?]

Beep, beep, beep...

The beeping sound pulled Kendra from her dark gloomy thoughts. Kendra grabbed her manaphone inside her coat's pocket, then she injected mana into it.

"Kendra, it's me Lory," the voice of her sister resounded from the manaphone.

"What's the matter?" Kendra asked, speaking near her manaphone.

"Nothing, I just wanted to check on you," Lory answered.

Kendra smiled lightly. "I'm fine, how are you?"

"Same as usual," Lory replied. "You know, assassinating here and there whenever I have the time."

"Well, are you busy?" Kendra asked.

"You know, I'm not busy when it comes to my little sister, Kendra," Lory replied softly.

"Mm," Kendra responded, then she cleared her throat and said, "Lory, can you do me a favour?"

"Anything," Lory replied, sounding enthusiastic.

"Lory, can you check something for me...?" Kendra said solemnly.

"What is it?" Lory inquired.

"Could you double check if Nasrin Urduja has a twin sister or any relatives that resembles her," Kendra said, taking a deep breath, tightening her hold on her manaphone.

"Nasrin doesn't have a twin sister or any relatives that resembles her, that I can assure you, I have been working for this household for a long time now, so I know the ins and the outs like the back of my hand, and I...hold on a second, are you asking this because you're having second thoughts on our plans to..."

"About that sister," Kendra cut Lory off as she held the manaphone tightly. "I don't think she's Nasrin, at least, she's not behaving like Nasrin, so..."