Volume 1 - The Inception| 15: It's not the same.

The sun rose; only slightly peeking between the hills, painting the sky in colourful lights.

This world was beautiful. The sky was still blue. The trees have the same green leaves. The soil was still the same brown. It was not so different from where I came from.

Yet, it still felt...not the same.

The more I looked around, the more I felt alone, and slowly, the smile on my face disappeared.

Everything about this world seems so surreal to me.

I can't help but feel lonely. No one knows who I really am. I'm now Nasrin, and at the same time, I'm not.

Everyone in this world would only know me as Nasrin Urduja. Which wasn't even my name. Not my body, and not my world.

I don't feel any sense of belongingness. I feel like an alien. No not like. I really am an alien in this world, because my soul doesn't belong here. This world that is a little similar to my world isn't my mother earth. Not my home.

As much as I want to return home, I don't know how. Not to mention that I am barely surviving in this world. However, if there is a way to go back to earth, I'll do my best; just so I could return home. So I could see my family, my friends, and everyone who knows the real me again.

But I have no idea how, so I could only resort to an alternative. That's why I rather live a hermit life in a far away forest. At least when I'm alone, I won't feel lonely. No one would call me Nasrin Urduja or think of me as Nasrin Urduja.

For that reason, I'm striving for a smooth sailing ending, so I could live a loner life. Sighing, I decided to go back to the room; staying on the balcony and staring at the scenery is making me homesick.

After some time, Cliopatra finally came out of the bathroom. Wearing the same uniform as me.

"Are you done?" I said, standing up from my seat.

Cliopatra nodded and said, "yes, by the way, where's your badge?"

I stared down at my clothes, searching for the badge that Alexandra gave me, but then I remembered that it was still attached to my dirty coat and forgot to put them on my uniform.

A sigh came out of my mouth. To think the only ability I brought in this world is my sense of forgetfulness.

I cleared my throat as I awkwardly glanced at Cliopatra. "Give me a second, I forgot to put my badge on," I mumbled.

Cliopatra only nodded as she crossed her arms and stood there waiting for me. 'Hurry up, Oaf,' is clearly written all over her face.

So I moved my feet hurriedly. I rummage on the box where I put my dirty clothes. After a short while, I finally found my badge then went to pin them on my uniform.

After that, I turn to look at Cliopatra and said, "let's go, I'm hungry, I don't want to miss breakfast."

"Wait Oaf, I think you should still wear your choker," Cliopatra said as her emerald eyes glanced at my neck.

I raised my brow and asked, "why?"

"That ointment would only close up the wound on your neck, it would still leave a scar after a while," then Cliopatra handed a small mirror to me and said, "here, look at the scar on your neck."

I took the mirror in her hand and stared at the scar on my neck. It indeed healed up but still left a scar.

"It's hideous, right?" Cliopatra commented.

I ignored Cliopatra's rude comment as I kept my eyes on the scar on my neck. There was a line on my neck. The scar was as wide as one index finger. The skin on the scar was raised a little, and it displayed a pinkish red colour.