Volume 2 - The Beginning of the End| 51: Doesn't ring a bell?

Darkness spreads wherever I turn, and from afar, a small red rabbit slowly takes shape arising in a distance, then she turns around, running away. 

'Pula…?'

Steadily, I moved my legs step by step increasingly fast, sprinting to the little bunny. Yet, the more I rushed to her withdrawing back, the more the spaces between us grew apart; it kept getting further and further away, gradually dissipating from my eyes.

'Wait! Don't leave Pula!'

I run with more haste, and run even more and over again. I followed Pula's figure that was bit by bit disappearing in the dark. Seeing her fading silhouette made me race even faster out of fright. But no matter how much I went after her; the vast gap amidst the two of us only extended a million bits. Pula became more out of reach, and little by little, her figure completely vanished from the void.

'Pula!'

I inhaled sharply. "Haah!" I gasped for air as I awoke, panting and breathing heavily with eyes wide open in horror.

I swallowed hard, feeling my throat dry. I felt my oily sweat escaping out from my skin, seeping from all over my face and entire body.

Sitting up, liquid droplets oozing out from the side of my face glided down to my jaw then down to my throat; then it slid down further to my naked bandaged chest, drenched with the moisture of my skin. The only clothing I have is dark pants, reaching down just below my knees; a white thin fabric wrapped around in most parts of my wounded body. 

I blink my eyes as I squinted half awake, taking in the sight of my surroundings inside the room. What I first notice is that Pula and Alexandra are nowhere in sight, and I am alone in the room.

In the peripheral vision of my eyes, I notice that the walls are made out of stone concrete. Nothing new about that, so I stared up to concentrate my eyes on the ceiling which had a painting on it. The colourful drawing on the ceiling reminded me of that famous historical artwork on earth. 

The art is similar to the painting made by Michelangelo which is referred to as The Creation of Adam. 

The difference is that both were drawn as a female figure. Except that the female representing Adam; not only has a female's chest, but she also has a rooster as her private part. When I say rooster, I mean the male reproductive organ. I know, it's confusing, but I meant rooster as a figure of speech; not its literal meaning. 

I tilted my head in pure confusion. If the figure has a male reproductive organ, then doesn't that make her a male?

Oh right. Intersex is how earth refers to this kind of gender, but here, as far as I recall; this world has second-genders, and this painting on the ceiling is probably representing the making of the first alpha. 

'Alpha, huh, I really don't want to become one,' I thought to myself.

Suddenly, I felt a pounding pain from the side of my head. I raised my hand, grabbing my head, feeling a hammering agony in my temples. As I touched my head, I felt a bandage wrap around my forehead. My left leg is also wrapped with gauze.

As I touched myself more, it then suddenly came to me; my eyes widened in surprise, raising my right wrist in front of me.

'My right hand is back!'

I gasped in disbelief. However, as I stare more, my face soon returns to normal. Instead, I felt an odd sensation in my chest.

The appearance of my right hand is a little weird. My brows creased, staring at the milky colour skin tone of my new hand. It's too white. It's as white as snow. While the skin tone I have is only fair and not that white.