Volume 1 - The Inception| 14: Change of plans.

'Change of plans.'

I said in my head as I stared at the ceiling of my room. I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night because of a nightmare.

I dream of Lory chasing me to the woods with a dagger in both of her hands. Her violet eyes stared at me menacingly. Everywhere I went, Lory was always able to find me. No matter where I run, I would always find Lory behind me.

So after having that nightmare, I can't seem to find the courage to go back to sleep again. Furthermore, my mind can't seem to stop recalling everything that happened ever since I transmigrated in this body.

At first, when Lory escorted me to the Academy, I was expecting that everything would be easy as long as I entered the academy, but it appears that I was mistaken. I think I made the wrong decision to continue to enter this academy, but everything has already happened, and I can't do anything to change what has already happened.

So, after thinking it through, I decided to change my plans, but of course, I won't change my goal. The ultimate goal is to live a hermit life in a far away forest, and I'm not going to give that up, however, I will change the plan. Since my first plan didn't work, I could only reluctantly change it.

As much as I want to avoid the characters in the novel, I have already made contact with them. Not to mention that I have a contract with Alexandra, and I'm pretty sure that Penelope will not leave me alone.

Anyhow, I have been thinking it through, and after getting a good rest, I finally have the energy again to handle these unprecedented dangers.

Night time is really the time where my brain works best. I'm a night owl after all. Plus, I can't fall back to sleep, and that's why I decided to create another plan to change my ending. I have time anyway.

What's more, meeting the main characters in the novel brought pressure and burden on my heart. I can't afford to make a single mistake. Every decision I make would lead to consequences.

I need a plan that would work. Something that would lead to my smooth sailing ending.

My first plan was just too simple, and simple will not work in this bloody world. This world is complicated. There are second-genders. There is magic. There are people with twisted minds that seem to think it's normal.

I need to bring my A-game if I want to survive in this world. Otherwise, I could only face the same tragic ending that the original Nasrin encountered in the novel. I might not die from Lory's hand, but I might still die from the hands of others. Like Penelope for example.

So what plan should I make? A plan that would lead to my smooth sailing ending. Where I could live in a far away forest as a hermit.

I turned my head to the side and saw the sleeping princess. A quiet snort came out of my mouth, the whole situation suddenly felt funny to me.

Who would have thought; that a day would come where I would become roommates with a royal princess, and this princess was made to clean the room by me.

I stared around the room. It wasn't clean thoroughly, but it isn't bad for a princess who doesn't do chores.

If I was still the same me as before, I would probably not believe that this would someday happen to me. Yet, here I am, inside the body of the villain in that novel.

Wait, speaking of that novel...

Something has already changed in the plot of the novel to what was happening here in the present.

In the original plot, the villain became roommates with the protagonist. And since the Nasrin Urduja in the novel felt disgusted that her roommate was a commoner, she tried to file a complaint to the academy, but the academy ignored the villain's petitions. So Nasrin turned her anger on the protagonist instead. The villain then started harassing the protagonist after that.