Volume 2 - The Beginning of the End| 68: 13 long days and nights.

My eyes are closed as I breathe in. I let the air come in and out inside my lungs. I surrounded myself with soft gentle echoes of whistling wind.

At that, I open my eyes, meeting the blue sea, glittering under the sun. I stretch my legs wide, squatting a little. I raised both of my palms, trying to control the wind surrounding me. Yet, the moment I did, the wind dispersed and faded.

I groan, feeling annoyed. Bakunawa cackled to herself, causing large waves on the surface of the blue water with her loud boisterous laugh.

[Mortal, you're too tense, just relax your body.]

"Yeah? I wish that was easy to do as it sounded," I replied, grumbling as I started once more.

The blue serpent didn't respond as she hummed in tunes, swimming above the navy shimmering water. Meanwhile, I inhaled slowly, exhaling the air out of my lungs bit by bit, trying to get the groove once again. This is probably my 149th attempt on controlling my wind attribute. Which means I failed 149 times.

My brows creased at that thought, which left me distracted, making the wind surrounding escape from my control. I gritted my teeth, staring at the bright sky, trying to lengthen my patience for doing this. 

Bakunawa said that this is a form of wind attribute exercise; this is in order to get me used to manifesting my wind attribute. According to the blue serpent, in order for me to get 100% control of my wind attribute, I need to understand the flow; the invisible rhythm of the wind in the air. The blue serpent explained that I can't go against the flow if I want to get it under my command. 

But then, how am I supposed to do that?

Bakunawa didn't tell me how; she only cheekily told me to find the answer by myself. However, every single time I tried to grasp the wind; they would seep right through my fingers; unable to control them.

As I stared at the edge of the line of the navy ocean, small dots from the other side came into view little by little. The lids of my eyes squinted, trying to peer on what it was about.

"Do you see that?" I asked.

[Prepare yourself, mortal. Food is coming! Open your mouth and just go with the flow! AHAHAHAHAHA!] Bakunawa transmitted, opening her large mouth, waiting for something to happen. 

I knitted my brows, feeling baffled. But after some time, I realised what Bakunawa was telling me. My eyes widened.

A school of flying fishes slowly approached us at a fast speed.

"Incoming!" I yelled, crouching my head as I tried to not get in the way of the flying fishes.

Bakunawa, on the other hand, didn't bother dodging. She even welcomes the school of fish inside her mouth. [You're missing something fun, mortal!]

At that comment, an epiphany came in my brilliant mind. I finally saw a vision in my head, and I stood up straight.

A flying fish slapped my face, dropping on the scaly surface of Bakunawa's head. But I ignored it as I breathed in, feeling the flow of the wind surrounding me. Standing leisurely, I closed my eyes, and my sight became nothing but black.

I felt a hit in my shoulder; then a slap in my knees; and more came, launching at me. But I tried to relax; not bothering to care just how many flying fish just assaulted me. Little by little, my senses started to feel the invisible flow. About more than 1000 flying fish surrounded me. I took a step to the side, dodging the flying fish rushing to my face. 

I move my head to the left then to the right, avoiding being hit. And I smiled as I opened my eyes, starting to dance. Sidestep to the left, sidestep to the right, then I did a tango, dancing in cha cha with the flow of the wind.