Volume 2 - The Beginning of the End| 65: A treasure.

The clouds are white and grey. It made the sky appear dull. I breathed in, whiffing at the uniqueness of the breezy sea. It didn't give a pungent smell, but it was still fishy and salty nonetheless. The scent is no different from what the earth-sea would smell like.

My brows creased as I smiled to myself, feeling bitter and sweet.

I still miss my family on earth, but at this point, I don't think I could go back there again. Not because I can't, but because I don't have the courage to face them once more. Not when evil thoughts constantly run in and out openly in my mind.

[Mortal, are you alright? You suddenly became quiet...] Bakunawa said in my head.

I glance sideways, looking over my shoulder. Bakunawa's large eyes stared at me, and I smiled at her comfortingly.

"I'm fine, just a little melancholic," I said, patting her blue scales with my left hand.

[Really? Alright then.]

I gaze forward again, seeing the line at the edge of the deep blue sea. "How long is it going to take before we reach the Maple Kingdom?" I said.

[Probably three to four days. But with the pace we have right now, I reckon that it would only take three days.]

"That's good news then," I mumbled, looking down at the pink rabbit covered with white fabric on top of my lap. "But I think we need to hurry, Pula's body is not well under the weather of the sea."

[Indeed.] Bakunawa replied, speeding up the pace of her gliding.

At the present time, Bakunawa is swimming in the middle of the sea. Only her lower body is under the water, while her head remains up in the air. And sitting in a lotus position on top of Bakunawa's nose is me.

After I had that conversation with Bakunawa. The blue serpent wanted to get revenge from the gladiator woman and the people of the Nilad City.

However, I told her that I wanted to go find the whereabouts of Pula's parents as soon as possible, so she had to postpone her revenge. Bakunawa agreed understandably.

When we went out the underground floor of the Dregs Arena, I told Alexandra and that slug woman that I would be back after the matter of Pula's funeral had been settled. I didn't inform them of anything important. I only told them that I will be gone for a while.

At first, Alexandra didn't accept me going somewhere she had no clue about. Alexandra said that she could just contact Penelope, then we could just use Penelope's skill portal to send us where I wanted to go.

The idea was tempting, but I refused. I still do feel indebted to Alexandra even now, and I'm not going to deny what I owe her, but our relationship is complicated. She doesn't even know that her aunt just became my slave. Who knows what she would do once she discovers it, well, I don't want to think about it. For now, my priority is to arrange Pula's funeral with her family.

Still, regardless of my refusal, Alexandra and her aunt packed me some things for the journey. Like food, clothes, and stuff that is necessary for my survival. They even gave me a ship for the journey, but Bakunawa refused disdainfully.

Bakunawa said that she will take me there in the Maple Kingdom, and send me back safely to Nilad city by herself. I agreed with Bakunawa, but I accepted the pack items from the gladiator woman. Not from Alexandra.

So now, I'm here with this serpent in the middle of the sea. Bakunawa actually became even bigger after diving into the sea, and she explained that the sea is what gives her extra boost and power.

As Bakunawa strode forward, gliding on the surface of the glittering blue water.

The breeze became aggressive and strong. And from a distance, a huge dark cloud came into sight, advancing from afar. Bolts of white spark inside the greyish cottons of the cumulonimbus shroud.