Volume 2 - The Beginning of the End| 61: Crave for blood.

I gaze down at Pula, laying her down carefully on the couch to my left, then I lean my back on the soft cushion with a relaxed posture. I crossed my legs, tapping my fingers on top of my thigh.

With thoughtful eyes, I pondered how to torture these two slugs in front of me.

What is revenge? And how to do it?

If I was still the same me as before, this word might not even cross my mind, because I will never do it. That was how my past self works and operates.

Always trying to avoid conflict and drama.

However, the situation is different now. Because I'm not the same person as I was before. Well, perhaps there are still a few things about me that stayed the same, but the rest died when Pula passed away.

So now, how do I start with this?

Revenge or violence is not my field of expertise, but what I know about revenge based on the history books I read is that; revenge is a cycle of bitter sweet retaliation.

It's a never-ending saga of vengeance. Once people enter this whirlpool of revenge, they will never be able to get out again. Anyone who enters this path of revenge will be forced to drown deeper by the strong pressure of the whirlpool, trapping everyone for eternity to the abyss.

So I am fully aware; that once I started my vengeance from these two slugs; it is either they or someone else close to them might take revenge against me. And of course, I can't let myself be bullied again, so I will retaliate back, then they will do the same, and this revenge will continue on and on until no one else is left then everyone is...

Dead.

This is why I have to be careful. I promise Pula that I won't be reckless and that I will take good care of myself. Which is why I need to form a perfect plan of revenge. A vengeance that will leave no opening for retaliation.

I stared at the two who bent their bodies in a 45 degree angle, hanging their heads low to me. Alexandra said that her aunt is innocent. Perhaps she was right about it, but so what?

It was still her aunt who caused me grief. It was under her aunt's orders that Pula is...

I frowned, recalling unsightly memories again. I place my left hand on Pula's body next to me, caressing her pink fur for comfort.

However, her body is no longer soft to the touch and instead feels stiff. So many hours have passed, and Pula's body is slowly deteriorating. I need to arrange a proper funeral for Pula first. This is a matter that needs to be prioritised.

With these thoughts in mind, I stared at Saint Agatha's expressionless face observing me. I ignored her prying eyes as I stated, "I need to arrange a funeral..."

Saint Agatha nodded, and I glanced at the two in front of me. "Afterwards, I can settle this compensation."

I leaned forward, peeking at the gladiator woman's face, and I placed the tip of my palm under her chin, lifting her head up, making her stare at me.

"You won't go back on your words, right?" I asked, curving my lips into a crescent smile.

The gladiator woman clenches her jaw as she purses her lips. "Lady should not worry, I will dutifully accept whatever the punishment you pass to my head, whether it is death or life-time imprisonment," she said like a knight of justice.

Yet, the way she blinked the lids of her eyes right afterwards made me feel otherwise. Hearing her answer, I retracted my left hand as I leaned my back to the couch again. Her words and tone sounded serious, but it still feels deceitful for some reason.