chapter fifty-seven

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong, little one?" Drakkar said from behind me, probably having witnessed my attempts.

"My head hurts from the bun. I told her it was too tight, but she didn't listen," I replied, my hands sliding out of theirs to pull at it a little.

Drakkar approached me and inspected the bun with a closed eye. I bit the inside of my cheek as Zander tried to loosen the bun, but I winced.

"It's too tight," I groaned.

"Sit down," Drakkar said, and I looked up at him with furrowed brows.

"Drakkar, we're in the middle of the hallway, and my dress—

"Don't care, sit," he repeated, and I obliged as I lowered myself to the ground using Zeke's helpful hand not to fall. The dress sprawled itself around me like a flower, and I mentally laughed at myself for the analogy.

Drakkar lowered himself behind me and removed the crown from my head.

"What are you doing?" I laughed as I turned around to see him handing the crown to Zander, who placed it on the side of the window.

"Don't move, little one," he said as he pulled at my hair slightly, and I winced.

"Not like that, you asshole. There," Zeke commented as he lowered himself beside me and started helping Drakkar.

"You bunch of idiots, the clip is under, for fuck sake," Zander groaned as he dropped to his knees and reached under the bun to undo the clip holding everything together.

"There," Zeke exclaimed as I felt the bun come undone. My bun immediately loosened, and I moaned in relief. Their giant hands caressed my scalp and undid the hairstyle allowing my scalp to breathe.

"Geez, Princess. Are you trying to kill me?" Zeke said before kissing my shoulder.

"Keep all those beautiful sounds for tonight," Drakkar added, and I turned to look at them in confusion.

"What's tonight?" I asked, and they all smirked mischievously down at me.

"You'll have to wait and see," Zeke replied before starting to work on my hair again. Their combined pairs of hands kept loosening my hair until the bun was completely undone, and the long strands fell down my face.

"Your hair is so fucking long," Drakkar noted, and I laughed.

"Yeah, I guess," I replied before turning around to them. I moved my fingers against my scalp and massaged the area where it burned. "Thank you,"

"You're welcome. Now don't move," I looked at Zeke, amused, and he sent me a playful glare.

That's the story of how the three dangerous Princes of Ekudal braided my hair, sitting in the middle of the hallway.

"Don't pull too hard, Zander," Zeke called, and I recognized Zander's scoff. I had a wide grin the entire time. I occasionally flinched as one pulled too hard or made a knot, but they kept working together.

"Go under me, not above! Are you stupid?" Drakkar retorted at Zeke.

After what felt like an eternity, they finished.

"We need something to tie it together," Drakkar said, and I turned to see Zander holding the braid together. I frowned as I looked around me.

"I don't have anything to tie it," I said.

"Use this," Drakkar's warm hands reached for my waist and undid the gold ribbon. He worked quickly and pulled it away from my waist.

"Let me do it," Zeke grabbed the gold ribbon and used it to secure my braid together. He did a little bow, well tried to, but miserably failed.