Chapter 47 - Vampire Hunt

Start from the beginning

(Maybe she's a Devil?) Cebrail pondered crouching down while resting her hands on her knees.

Elmenhilde, seeing the opportunity cracked her eye open and focused intensely on her peripheral vision but unfortunately Cebrail was above her head meaning she'd have to move far too much and could only see Cebrail's face along with the hem of her jacket.

"Property, Full Restore." Cebaril states and instantly a barrier forms around the two. If Elmenhilde was actually injured it would have accelerated her natural healing capabilities to the max and with her being a Vampire it would be an instantaneous heal. "You're fine now, bye."

Cebrail stood up as Elmenhilde opened her eyes fully letting them bulge out of her sockets and...

"Caw! Caw!" Huginn, just as the Vampire was about to see the promised land, flew into Elmenhilde's view and alerted her.

She knew what it meant so all joking and fun was put to the side and she stood up tugging on her hood once again to make sure it was on properly before leaving in a hurry. Cebrail stared at her very much recognizing Odin's Divine Beast, but didn't know which Raven it actually was.

Putting her hands in her pockets she decided that perhaps something more annoying then she initially suspected was going on around town.

(And here I thought that I'd finally have a day off soon...) She thought with a big sigh.

Elmenhilde had developed a code system with Huginn after a narrow encounter with Vampire Hunters before. 2 caws meant that they were close and had possibly even spotted her already. Luckily she was in a rather crowded area so the Vampire Hunters were unlikely to actually attack her, not only did they have no way to just disguise an attack on a seemingly normal person in public but they also couldn't risk hurting the civilians. It was against their moral code to kill or harm humans, they only hunted "monsters" as they call them.

Elmenhilde had never liked how her kind were called monsters. She very much couldn't understand it at all. Vampires after all aren't that different from humans at all. Sure they were faster, stronger, and more agile, but you could say the same about a lion or even a panther.

Humans just didn't like the fact the Vampires drank human blood. Understandable of course, but extremely unfair nonetheless. Just as Humans eat meat and vegetables to survive so must Vampires drink blood, to say Vampires are monsters for drinking blood because they wish to live is the same as calling a human a monster for eating a cow or a pig. At least that's how Elmenhilde thought of things.

"Haaa~ humans really are so annoying." Elmenhilde said aloud to herself with a sigh.

Suddenly though even with the crowd her ears picked up on something horrible. The sound of something whizzing through the air head straight towards her. Her gaze immediately went to the air above her as a wooden stake soared towards her.

Her eyes widened and she dodged by moving her body but unfortunately in such a large crowd the stake still hit something.

It impaled the woman behind Elmenhilde directly in her neck leaving her little time to even think about what happened as her body fell to the ground quickly forming a pool of blood.

"KYAAAAAA!"

"AIEEEEE!"

"AWHHHHHHH!!!"

Screams erupted from the crowd and the people began moving like a tide away from the murder, trampling over each other like merciless animals in their fear.

Elmenhilde realized that she was quickly finding herself being the extreme odd one out and quickly moved along with the crowd while gripping her hood. Stakes flew towards her from the top of a nearby building however each time they missed as she ducked into the crowd causing more and more bodies to drop.