Chapter 11 - Church Battle

"I dislike killing children." The older man said with his sword held up in front of him pointing directly at Cebrail.

"Does that mean you've killed them before?" Cebrail prods goading the man into dropping his guard but her words fail to get any response.

(Definitely more experienced than any of the people I've fought in this life so far.) Cebrail notes before changing her stance from a relaxed to a far more serious one.

Her whip shot out in an attempt to grab the old man's leg however as if anticipating the attack he shoots forward and in a single bound is directly in front of Cebrail surprising Reginleif enough to make her look away from the other man that was meant to be her own opponent.

Mark took the opportunity presented to him and just as the old man had done he dashed straight towards Reginleif who had no time to use any runes. Just before the man's fist connected with her face she found herself being forcefully pulled back.

As she landed she was directly next to Cebrail and white feathers were falling around them, it seemed the Seraphim Princess had released her wings for a moment while grabbing Reginleif to fly away temporarily and gain some distance.

"Don't look away from your opponent unless you need help from me." Cebrail stated flatly before throwing Reginleif behind her and dodging two of the old man's sword swings before putting her hand on his stomach and blasting him back with silver light power.

Not allowing her a break Mark charged her, throwing a few powerful punches her way which she also managed to dodge before blowing him away.

(There's no doubt, she's definitely an Angel.) The old man thought, dusting himself off and putting away his sword.

"Mark, holy attacks won't be effective."

"I could've guessed that already old man." Mark despite the back talk took off his holy empowered gloves letting his bare fists free.

(Damn it, I wanted to keep them using holy weapons for a bit longer.) Cebrail had been planning rather liberally due to their usage of holy weapons as they weren't ever going to be able to actually damage her with them. Especially the sword made of pure light power. Her eyes darted to Reginleif on the ground who looked back at her for a few seconds with wide eyes.

(She's already sweating?) Reginleif didn't think Cebrail was tired as of yet however based on the sweat beginning to accumulate on her forehead she could tell the Angel princess likely wouldn't be able to actually throw around blasts like that many more times. She was far more suited to magic than she was to light power, but in the short time Reginleif knew her she could very much tell that Cebrail didn't actually know much about magic.

"I-I'm alright!" Reginleif exclaimed only to get a skeptical look from Cebrail. Steeling herself properly, Reginleif said once again, "I'm alright!"

Seeing the Valkyrie stand seemed to put Cebrail's worries at ease but still, she gave Reginleif a reminder, "Look at me only when you need help."

Cebrail began walking forward towards the old man; her confidence despite having given up her resistance to holy weapons, was still clear to the old man.

Slowly he reached into his left and pulled out a black hilt similar to his first and it produced a red beam of raw demonic power.

"Isn't that heresy?" Cebrail questioned genuinely perplexed by his usage of demonic power.

"In my old age, I've come to terms with the fact that some evil is necessary." The old man responded genuinely with a somber tone.

"I see, you don't seem like a bad guy."