"Quite a Common Fairy"

~

3.03

03

~

I stepped over a large tree root, following two Lost Boys through the jungle. After telling Pan about the curse, he later asked ways that would keep me calmer. One of them was being in a natural environment, and less people, which is why he sent me out with the two boys, Devin and Kade, this morning.

"So, how does if feel to be Neverland's Lost Girl?" Devin asked as we trudged along through the woods.

I shrugged, "Better than being an outcast in Storybrooke."

He stopped, Kade doing the same as he turned to face me, "You were an outcast? I thought you were, like, one of the precious kids that all those heroes would do anything for."

I scoffed slightly, "God, no." He raised his brows, "That was Henry. I could be standing right next to them and they'd all forget about me. Henry is the one that they all protect with their lives, and I'm just the girl expected to do the same."

"So why do you even care about them?" Kade questioned, "I mean, all they did was make you feel invisible. And Henry, he didn't even do anything about it, I'll bet." I paused. In a way, he was right. Henry had never really done much besides occasionally include me in conversations. Once I think he used me to get Regina to let him go out and see Emma. I mean, I got to go with him, but still...

"What would you even say to Henry if you saw him?" Kade continued. "I mean, you're basically apart of the people who he thinks are gonna do something horrible to him. He doesn't believe that Pan is just trying to save us."

"I... I don't know." I shook my head slightly, trailing off. If I really thought about it, Im not sure I actually wanted to see him. I mean, as awful as that makes me sound, Im not sure I could even look at the betrayal in Henry's eyes. And all because I feel understood and seen- is that really a good reason to him for everything Im doing? "I..." I started hesitantly, "I'm not sure I even want to see him." I admitted to the two, seemingly shocking them.

"Why not?"

"Well, I don't think I could just stand there and look at how hurt I made him feel." I tried to explain, "And I feel like if I do see him, I'll just do whatever he wants, and leave the only place I feel seen by people."

The two boys shared a look before Devin shrugged, "So, don't. And if you want, we can tell Henry that you're still wandering the Island." He offered.

Guilt settled in my chest, like a weight pushing me down as I spoke my next words, "... Yeah. Yeah, I think that'd be best."

~