"Manhattan"

~

2.14

14

~

The streets of New York were nothing like those of Storybrooke. Cars sped past, there were much more people, businesses, buildings, and everything else. Population of over 8 million people, and the place where Gold's son apparently is.

We all climbed out of the yellow taxi after paying the fare, looking up at the large building in front of us. It wasn't fancy, just like many of the other buildings that made up the city, but it definitely makes the search for Baelfire much easier since this was apparently where he lives.

"What's wrong?" Emma asked as Gold stared up at the building. "This is the right place?"

"Yes, it is." He confirmed. Emma looked at him, seeming to finally figure out the problem as I had near the beginning of the trip.

"Let me guess, he's not expecting you?" She deduced. Gold only glanced at her before moving his attention back at the building. His silence was her answer. "Well, who doesn't love a surprise."

"Me." I mumbled, arms folded as we started walking forwards. We made it to the gate with all the names and apartments listed on a board. Henry bent down, reading over it.

"No Baelfire."

"Yeah, that probably wouldn't fly as an alias." Emma commented. "Your magic globe didn't give you an apartment number?"

"It doesn't work that way." He responded, taking Henry's place as he read over the names.

"Do any of these names mean anything to you?" I glanced over at Henry who was stood at a wall, staring at Gold.

"Well, names are what I traffic in, but sadly, no." Emma leaned over, joining him in looking at the list. She finally pointed to a tag that wasn't occupied with a name but apartment number instead.

"Here's your boy."

"Well, or it could just be vacant."

"You might traffic in names and magic, but I traffic in finding people who don't want to be found. And those sort of folks don't like to advertise their whereabouts." She replied, not waiting for a response as she pressed the buzzer.

"UPS package for 407." There was no reply, just the sound of a line going dead.

"Maybe you should've said FedEx?" Henry shrugged, but was quickly followed by the sound of weight against metal. Emma's head snapped up. "He's running."