"The Outsider"

~

2.11

11

~

Loss. That's one of the most reoccurring things in my life. Loss of my parents and family, a decent childhood. Loss of an entire world, and people who tried to kill me, or save me. Or just got caught in the crossfire. Either way, it's not a new thing for me, but that doesn't change how much it still hurts.

"Some of us knew him as Archie. Others as Jiminy." Mary Margaret started as I stared at the sleek, dark wooden casket. "But we all knew him as a true friend. And though he may now be gone, he will always live on inside of us, reminding us to be our best selves, to do the right thing, to always fight for what we believe in. So we shouldn't think of today as goodbye. Just as a way of saying, 'Archie, we'll be listening.'" She turned around quickly, hugging her husband.

I glanced down at Pongo, who was whimpering. I could basically feel the sadness from him. I watched as Geppetto, Archie's best friend, set his black umbrella by the headstone.

"I miss you so much, my friend. But at least, your in a better place."

~

As I was walking by the town library, I heard something crash. Focusing my hearing, which wasn't up to its fullest potential yet, and maybe it wouldn't ever be, I heard frantic footsteps and grunts of struggle coming from inside.

Which means I guess I'm getting involved.

I ran to the door, running inside to see Belle running away and a man under a large book cart, struggling to get up. Eyes wide, I ran past him and towards Belle and whirring sounded from the weird elevator thingy.

"Hope? Hope, what are you doing here?" She asked as the door open.

"Questions later." I pulled her inside hurriedly, turning around and hitting the button. The doors closed shut just as the weird emo looking dude was about to make it in.

He pounded on the door as Bella hurried for her phone, probably calling Gold, which I was very thankful for at the moment. "Rumple. I'm in the elevator. There's a man here. He broke in. He wasn't to kill me."

The man wouldn't stop pounding on the door, shaking the whole elevator beneath my feet. "A pirate. He's missing a hand. Hello?" She pulled the phone away, closing it as she stood there, afraid.

A while later, the pounding on the door stopped, and when they opened, instead of who we were expecting to see, we saw Gold. Belle breathed a sigh of relief, running into his arms as my own muscles relaxed.