"A Land Without Magic"

~

1.22

22

~

"We need help." I heard Regina admit. "There's one other person in this town who knows about this, who knows about magic."

I threw the door open, both Mothers jumping from fright. "Let me guess... Mr Gold? AKA Rumplestiltskin."

"Hope? Hope, honey, what are you talking about?" Regina questioned.

"Cut the crap, Regina." I snapped. "You did this to him and the only way we're gonna save him is by working together. So you can stop pretending your not the Evil Queen because I know who you are. And I'm gonna help him if it's the last thing I do. So get your sideshow acts together and save him."

~

We walked through the door to Mr Gold's shop.

"Do my eyes deceive me, or is that the look of a believer?" The man asked, approaching the counter as we did.

"We need your help."

"Indeed you do. It seems quit the tragic ailment has befallen our young friend. I told you magic always comes with a price." He looked at Regina.

"Henry shouldn't have to pay it."

"No, you should. But alas, we are where we are."

"Can you help us or not?" I got straight to the point. He shifted his gaze to me. "Of course." He looked to Emma. "True love, Ms Swan. The only magic powerful enough to transcend realms and break any curse." He informed her. "Luckily for you, I happen to have bottled some."

Regina seemed genuinely surprised, but also slightly hopeful. "You did?"

"Oh, yes." He looked at Emma again. "From strands of your parents' hair. I made the most powerful potion in all the realm. So powerful that when I created the Dark Curse, I placed a single drop on the parchment. Just a little safety valve."

The realization of why came to me easily. Emma's parents true love was placed on the parchment of the Dark Curse, which means the product of their love could break it.

"That's why I'm the savior. That's why I can break the curse." Emma realized.

"Now your getting it.

"I don't care about breaking the curse, all I care about is saving Henry." She looked at him seriously.

"Which is why it's your lucky day. I didn't use all the potion. I saved some. For a rainy day." He admitted.