"We are Both"

~

2.02

02

~

"People of Storybrooke. I know we're trapped again, and things look bleak, but they're not." David groaned as he talked to himself in the mirror.

"No, keep going." Henry urged, stepped towards him. "You were ontosomething." I raised my brows.

"No, I wasn't." He walked towards the counter with both Henry and I following. "I did the fighting. Snow did the talking." Why in fairytales is it always the woman is the damsel in distress and the men do the fighting and saving?

David pulled a destroyed top hat from out of his bag and set it down, looking defeated.

"Can I see that?" Henry asked, interest piqued.

"Yeah." He confusedly handed the boy that hat.

"I think I know what this is." Henry said and ran over to his book, flipping the pages till he landed on the one with a picture of a man completely off his rocker. "It's the Mad Hatter's hat. It's a portal between worlds." He explained.

"Mad Hatter?"

"You've heard of him?" Henry questioned.

"Henry, he's a character from Alice in Wonderland." I spoke up. "Almost every kid has heard of him."

"She's right." David nodded, staring at the page. "David had memories of reading Alice in Wonderland in school but the Prince me never met him. I need to get it to work again. Who is he? I mean, who is he here?"

"I don't know." Henry responded. "Maybe he'll check in at the crisis center. You could check after the thing."

"What thing?"

"The meeting? Where you tell us all your plan? Remember, the speech you were doing?" I reminded.

"Right." He quickly grabbed the hat and his coat. "I'll be back for that." He walked out the door and Henry followed behind.

"Gramps. You gotta use me, come on! The curse was broken 'cause of me. Let me help." The door to the entire building closed. "Or not." Henry walked back inside.

I chuckled. "Come on. We can have some ice cream before we head down to the meeting."

~