DREAM TWENTY THREE

Y/N woke up to the sound of people talking. 

"What about the disaster in the centre" asked Han Sooyoung.

"We take care of it," answered Kim Dokja.

"Surely there's an easier way to take care of it," said Han Sooyoung, making Kim Dokja flinch. "You are going to do it righ-" just when she was going to continue, they heard something hit the ground. When they turned to where Y/N was sleeping, he wasn't there, but his sword still in its sheath was. It was like he turned into air, only leaving behind his sword. 

"Where's Y/N?" questioned Kim Dokja.

"How would I know? Maybe he got tired of you and went to find that b*stard," said Han Sooyoung.

'The 'b*stard' she's talking about is Yoo Joonghyuk isn't it...'  thought Kim Dokja.

.

.

.

"What do you want?" Y/N spoke in a neutral tone that held a bit of softness in it. 

".... You don't seem as cold as before," said the cloaked covered man. 

"That's not relevant right now. Just answer my damn question, what do you want?" asked the (h/c) male with crossed arms.

"You know it  will appear soon right?" 

"Who exactly is 'it'?" asked Y/N confused, furrowing his eyebrows. 

"The flood disaster," answered the Secret Plotter as if it was obvious.

"Of course I know that she's  going to appear soon. I was waiting for her," replied Y/N.

"That's why I called you here," said the Secret Plotter, "I want you to kill it."

"What?" Y/N was bewildered.

"I want you to kill it. It will be hard to fight against with the current Yoo Joonghyuk and I don't think your hyung will be able to finish her either. Even if you use 'the power of friendship' it might not be enough. It's laughable that they rely on friendship even."

"Have you forgotten about me? Do you think I am not capable enough to help them?" Y/N glared at the Secret Plotter.

"Y/N, what do you think will happen if you keep doing all the hard work for them?" the (h/c) male went silent. "They won't have enough experience or be able to get stronger. If you're not there one day in the future, they will surely die."

"There won't be a day that I won't be there in the future or now. I'm fine with fighting for them. All they have to do is live and be happy." 

"But you're wrong. One day you'll have to pick between them  and your story or your companions here," the Secret Plotter leaned closer towards the (h/c) male, "so just do as I say L/N Y/N."

"You-!" before Y/N could grab the Secret Plotter, he had appeared back in Seoul. 'Is someone like that really Kim Dokja-hyung? If it is, just what happened? If not, then is there really any reason for me to listen to the Secret Plotter? I already know there's something happening with the timelines, so there really isn't. Maybe it's the part of me that doesn't want to let go of 'him','  thought the (h/c) male, gritting his teeth and clenching his fists in anger as he walked.

.

.

.

"Oh," said Y/N catching a small sword that Han Sooyoung threw, standing in front of a little girl, "what's going on here?" he smiled.

"Tch. Move L/N Y/N, you out of everyone should know who she is and what to do, but why are you protecting her?" glared Han Sooyoung.

"Han Sooyoung stop," Kim Dokja placed a hand on Han Sooyoung's shoulder, receiving a a glare from her too. 

Knowing that an argument is about to begin, Y/N turned to the little girl behind him. 

"How about we go outside for a bit yeah?" he smiled at her. Seeing that Y/n had just protected her, she felt like she could trust him and nodded, following him outside. 

"Hyung, who are you? I feel something when I'm around you," the girl suddenly said, making the (h/c) male stop in his tracks. 

"What do you mean?"

"It feels really strange. It's a bad feeling it..." the girl turned around with shadows covering her forehead with glowing eyes, "it's really strange.". She reached her hand towards the (h/c) male, making him put his hand in his pocket. "Oh... I'm sorry," she lowered her head.

"It's ok," Y/N pat her head with a smile, making her look up. "Here, you can have this," he gave her a packet of strawberry pocky. 

"But I have nothing to repay you with," she said.

"It's ok, think of it as an apology," Y/N said.

"An apology...?" the little girl was confused.

'An apology for leaving you behind. An apology for not being able to save you. An apology for turning you into someone you're not. An apology for turning you... obsessed,'  thought Y/N. 

"It's nothing," Y/N replied with a smile.

.

.

.

Kim Dokja was firm on not killing Shin Yoosung and even became her sponsor, helping her train. The day they were going to cross the sea, Han Sooyoung disappeared.

"She'll be fine," said Kim Dokja.

"Hyung, I'll be right back ok?" smiled Y/N. Before the reader could even reply, the (h/c) male had already vanished.

[The skill 'Rising Star' has been activated]

"Hey," Y/N appeared next to Han Sooyoung, startling her.

"What are you doing here? They're about to leave, or do you want to follow me because you've acknowledged my beauty and don't want to follow someone as ugly as that guy? Too bad but I'm fine alone for now," the  ̶p̶l̶a̶g̶i̶a̶r̶i̶s̶t̶ ̶   author flattered herself. 

̶J̶o̶o̶n̶g̶h̶y̶u̶n̶?̶ ̶J̶o̶o̶n̶g̶h̶y̶u̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶?̶

"That's not what I'm here for. Here, for you," Y/N extended his hand that was holding a few Lobelia flowers. 

"What's this for? Is it poisoned or what?" Han Sooyoung held the flowers cautiously, examining them. 

"They're not, I just though they'd look nice with you. Their colour goes well with you," smiled Y/N. "It's also an apology. Dokja-hyung isn't really that hard to get along with and he's not that bad of a person. If you're still mad at him, I hope you'll forgive him and accept Shin Yoosung. Bye now," he then vanished.

"Idiot," mumbled Han Sooyoung, "does he even know that Lobelia flowers have the meaning of ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶   luck?". 

̶J̶o̶o̶n̶g̶h̶y̶u̶n̶,̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶p̶.̶ ̶H̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶.̶

Han Sooyoung stood in the same spot, staring at the flowers in her hands as Y/n left with the others in the background. 'I always thought there's no way a kind idiot like him could exist in an apocalyptic world when I read that novel. I thought it was dumb and even changed him in my own novel. I made him into how I thought humans would normally act in tough situations, but could he really exist like this?'  she thought, 'oh well.' . Han Sooyoung walked along the roof railings with her hand extended over the railings, letting the flowers fly in the wind.

.

.

.

'Oh, maybe she didn't like them,'  thought Y/N, staring at the blueish-purple flowers carried in the wind.

TO BE CONTINUED...