DREAM ONE

"Which train cabin did hyung say he was on again?" Y/N scratched his head. "Hm... it was probably 3507 right?" the (h/c) male decided to entered the cabin with the number [3507] on it.

As soon as the (h/c) stepped in, he felt a wave of unexplainable nostalgia hit him. He felt sick. 

"Excuse me, are you ok?" a female asked him.

"Oh yeah... I'm fine. Thanks for asking," he replied.

"Oh? Are you L/N Y/N?! I'm a fan! I love the novels you wrote!" said the girl with sparkling eyes.

Everyone on the train turned to look at him. He didn't like it. The attention that was on him.

"Ah yes," Y/N nervously chuckled.

"Can I please have an autogra-" the girl was interrupted when Y/N's phone started ringing.

"Ah... excuse me," smiled Y/n. His eyes brightened when he saw the caller ID.  'It's hyung!'   thought Y/N excitedly. 

"Y/N, where are you? Didn't you say you got on the trai-" the train suddenly stopped and had a blackout. His phone call was also cut off and he now had no way to communicate with his hyung.

The (h/c) boy looked around the train and saw that everyone was quite worried when a blue screen appeared. As soon as Y/N saw the blue screen, his head immediately started to ache and he fell to the ground holding his head. 'I remember...'  he stared at the blue screen in front of him.

<Main scenario #1 - Proof of Value>
Category: Main
Difficulty: F
Clear condition: kill one or more living being
Time limit: 30 minutes
Compensation: 100 coins
Failure: death

'Yes, I remember it all. The things I saw weren't just dreams but a mistake. A mistake that I made. I'm in train cabin 3507 which means Yoo Joonghyuk is two cabins ahead of me and the person that I was trying to find and protect all those times was so close to me when it all started, but I didn't know. Kim Dokja-hyung, was just three train cabins away,'  Y/N walked towards the girl who had told him she was a fan. He grabbed her neck and slammed her head on the train door, 'I never should've written that story...'  he glared.

"You-! What are you doing?!" a business man shouted, pointing at him.

"Are you blind? Don't you see this?" he pointed at the blue screen behind him with his thumb. "The clear condition says everything." 

"You'd really kill a fellow human because of that?! It might not even be real!" shouted the man.

"That's right!"

"Do you think you can just kill another human without getting some kind of consequence?" 

"She said she was your fan you psycho!" 

Everyone in the cabin started shouting and pointing towards him, all except a child that had golden empty eyes. Y/N walked towards the kid and knelt down, staring into the child's dead eyes.

"Come with me," Y/n said to the child. "I'll give you a reason to live," he said in a promising tone. 

"A reason to live...? There is none. Mother said so. She said she was tired so she sent me on the train to grandma's house," the child said quietly. "I want to die."

"If you don't want your life then give it to me," Y/N stood up, looking at the crowd of people surrounding them. "I'll make those eyes shine again," he pat the child's head.

[??? is looking at you]

'Even in this life, you still chose to follow me?'  thought Y/N, looking at the message. 'Is it because I never abandoned the child?'  he wondered before walking towards the woman who was still on the floor. 

[??? asks if you're really going to kill her]

[??? is questioning if you have changed]

"Y-You're really serious about killing her?" stuttered the businessman in disbelief.

"No, I've already completed the clear condition. I was just going to grab this," Y/n replied, holding up a lizard he found. "Here you go kid," he held the lizard in front of the child.

"W-Wait! I'll give you lots of money if you give that to me!" 

"No give it to me!"

"I'll give you more money!"

"Hey," Y/N spoke, "didn't you say that the scenario might not even be real? So why are you panicking?" he put the lizard in the child's hand. "Even if it is, there's still 24 minutes left isn't there?" Y/N smiled, watching the faces of the people around him change.

One after another, people started to pick fights with each other. It had started out calm but now everything was chaotic. Y/N sat down next to the child who was clutching the lizard in his hands that was struggling to escape. 

"Is this what you wanted to happen?" the child asked.

"Even if I said nothing, they'll start to question if this is really true or not and start attacking each other on their own accord. That's how humans are. They're desperate to live," the (h/c) boy replied.

"Desperate... to live," the child mumbled. "If I find my purpose to live, would I become like that too?" the child asked.

[??? is looking at you]

Y/N tilted his head to look up at the ceiling, "that depends on you. When you see this scene, what do you think?" 

"... I think that it means to do whatever is necessary to live."

"That's right. That's how a human's survival instinct is. So, have you found your purpose in life yet?" Y/n turned to the boy. He was surprised when the child suddenly hugged him. 

"Yes," the boy replied. 

Y/N expected the boy to move after a few seconds or even minutes, but he didn't. The child just continued to hug him, resting their ear against his chest.

"... Do you like listening to my heartbeat that much?" Y/N chuckled. 

"Very much," 'more than you can ever think of' was left out. 'I love listening to your heartbeat so much hyung. I love it because it reminds me that you're alive,'  thought the child as his eye lids slowly got heavier and heavier, causing him to shut them and fall asleep. 

'Oh, he fell asleep,'  thought Y/N, letting the little boy hug him in his sleep. 'Rest well Minjun. This time, I promise I'll give you the rightful ending you deserve but please, stop looking at me as if I'm your world,'  the (h/c) pleaded, holding the black haired child close. 

TO BE CONTINUED...