DREAM EIGHTEEN

"Hyung," the (h/c) male spoke, running next to Kim Dokja, "did Joonghyuk-ah tell you how he ended up in that state?" the truth is, Y/N could already guess what happened to the protagonist. He recognised the poison that Yoo Joonghyuk was attacked with. He's very familiar with it and had witnessed the user use it to attack others many times in his previous life. 'There was only one person who could use that, it's...'

"Lee Seolhwa. Lee Seolhwa was the one who poisoned Yoo Joonghyuk. Do you recognise her name?" 

"Yes... I'm very familiar with the name," Y/N replied, glancing at Yoo Joonghyuk.

Lee Seolhwa use to be Yoo Joonghyuk's companion however, she wasn't only his companion, she was his lover or at least, she was in Yoo Joonghyuk's second regression. It's now the third round so naturally, she doesn't remember the protagonist. She doesn't remember all the things they went through together. She doesn't remember how many loving moments they shared. She doesn't remember all the love that Yoo Joonghyuk had given her. Y/N does. She and everyone else doesn't remember Yoo Joonghyuk, but Y/N does. So Y/N questions, 'why can't I return your feelings when we've lived through so much together?'. He feels guilty.

When Lee Seolhwa and and Yoo Joonghyuk first got together, Y/N was happy for them. He even appeared to congratulate them instead of just hiding in the shadows and wandering off where ever his feet lead him, or where he could live peacefully with Choi Minjun. A part of him was happy that since Yoo Joonghyuk now had a lover, he most likely won't end up like the other people who Y/N had hung out too long with; obsessed. Y/N was so wrong though. Lee Seolhwa looked at Yoo Joonghyuk, but the protagonist would glance at Y/N. Now that Y/n thought about it, wasn't it his fault that the two never loved each other ever again?

The (h/c) male remembered in his memories all the way up to the 1863rd round that the two ended up never dating again after the second round. Lee Seolhwa couldn't remember the past, and the feelings that Yoo Joonghyuk had for her all stayed back in the second round where he died. From there on out, it was easy to tell where- who Yoo Joonghyuk was looking at. It was Y/N. As the protagonist and the star helped one another in the many regressions, the protagonist could no longer look away. He wouldn't even deny the feelings he had for the (h/c) male. Yoo Joonghyuk was obsessed but, Y/N knew that the protagonist's love was sincere. 

If Y/N had enough time, he'd apologise to the protagonist 1863 times for the amount of rounds Yoo Joonghyuk suffered because of him, and as many days that he had made Yoo Joonghyuk fall in love with him. He really would but unfortunately, he might've already died many years before he could do all of that. Yes, he could revive but he doesn't even know if he really wants to live. He should've just watched Yoo Joonghyuk and his companions live happily from afar, protecting them so he didn't cause them trouble, but it's too late. 

.

.

.

"Kill him!" insect mutated men charged towards Kim Dokja. It seemed like they were all under Lee Seolhwa's command. Something is wrong... very wrong.

[The skill 'Rising Star' lv ??? have been activated]

"Go ahead hyung, I'll stop these insects," said Y/N, cutting down an enemy. He then slipped through the small gaps between the crowd of insect men and made sure to leave a cut on the ones he passed.

[The skill 'Blood Moon' has been activated]

Y/N's sliver blade turned red.

[Anyone whose blood has fallen on the blade will be paralysed for five seconds]

[The skill 'Ruler's Aura' lv ??? has been activated]

"Fall," Y/N commanded.

The insect men fell to the ground, their heads getting crushed by concrete, causing their deaths.

'It would've been nice if I could've just made them all fall with ruler's aura, but there's a lot of them and hyung is here so I'm scared that I might accidentally injure hyung too if I don't mark them with my sword's skill,'  thought Y/N, wiping blood that had splashed on his face.

"Kyak...!" Y/N watched Lee Seolhwa transform as Kim Dokja continued talking about the five heroes known as 'guides'.

"It must have taken quite an effort to terraform this world," Kim Dokja grabbed the parasite queen, "why are you trying to destroy it?" and yeete- threw her against the wall. 

Y/N could tell what the reader was trying to do. He was trying to make the parasite queen leave Lee Seolhwa's body and avoid killing her. The (h/c) male watched the reader's face warp into a shocked expression.

"Kim Dokja-hyung, Joonghyuk-ah just told you to kill her didn't he?" Y/N questioned.

"... He did."

"Hyung," Y/N paused, "I don't want to kill her."

'I don't wish for her death. She's the only one who could love Yoo Joonghyuk if I can't become what Yoo Joonghyuk needs,'  the (h/c) male thought, clenching his fists.

"If you don't want to, then we won't. I didn't plan to either," replied Kim Dokja.

"Why are you talking as if you're sparing me?!" the parasite queen was enraged, "Kyak, I'll kill you!" the parasite queen slashed Kim Dokja with her poison claws but luckily, the reader had something that made him resistant to poison for a while.

Kim Dokja continued to try and convince the parasite queen to leave. He told her that it wasn't too late to get out of Lee Seolhwa's body, that it wasn't too late to go back to being a guide and that maybe she could even become a constellation one day. When the reader mentioned 'constellation', it seemed to make the parasite queen even angrier.

.

.

.

"Who are you?" Lee Seolhwa asked, staring at Kim Dokja's blurry figure. She had just gained her consciousness back after Kim Dokja had made the parasite queen exit her body.

"Yoo Joonghyuk sent me," replied Kim Dokja.

"Yoo Joonghyuk?" Lee Seolhwa questioned, "who's Yoo Joonghyuk?"

'He's your past lover,'  Y/N wanted to tell her that. He was truly happy when the two got together. They were so perfect for each other but he just had to ruin it. He wanted to tell her the past and make things right again but, he knows it's wrong. He has no right to tell her that while Yoo Joonghyuk is trying to get over his past feelings. 

"You'll know soon," answered Kim Dokja.

Y/N and the others started to rush towards Kim Dokja and Lee Seolhwa when the golden liquid that came out of Lee Seolhwa's mouth started to form a body.

"Kyak human!" said the parasite queen. The fight was not over.

TO BE CONTINUED...