PROLOGUE

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD!
Not only will this book contain spoilers of the manhwa but also the novel.

________________________________________ 

"Hyung!" a boy with (h/c) approached a boy with bruises covering his skin. "I wrote a story!"

The bruised boy turned to the boy smiling happily. "Good job," he smiled.

.

.

.

"How did it turn out like this?" an older version of the (h/c) boy lied on the ground with a large wound in his stomach. "Why did it have to turn out like this?" the boy asked nobody in particular. 

The sound of footsteps made its way towards the dying male. (e/c) met grey ones as a man dressed in all black stopped in front of him.

"Why must you leave me too?" the man asked.

"I'm not leaving you. You'll see me again," replied the (h/c) male.

"But you won't remember. No one has ever remembered anything every time I regress again. I'm afraid Y/N, afraid that you'll never show yourself in front of me again."

"Is that so?"

"Yes. You were always in the background in every one of my regressions. You'd always help me but then vanish quickly until our next encounter. 1863 times. I've died 1863 times but this is the first time I was able to properly interact with you. I know you can do it, I know you can revive but every time you sacrifice yourself for me, why do you always pick to die?" the grey eyed male asked with shaking pupils. 

"..." Y/n stayed silent. 

"You always leave as if you're in a rush. As if you're trying to find something- someone that you need to protect and be there for. Am I not able to give you a purpose? Why do you pick that person over me?" the grey eyed male asked in a sad tone. 

"Yoo Joonghyuk..." the (h/c) boy stared at the man in front of him in disbelief. "Is this how you've always felt?" 

"I've always wondered why you always picked whoever that person was over me. I am not worth saving?" Yoo Joonghyuk asked, ignoring the (h/c) boy's question.

"Then, Yoo Joonghyuk... beg me to save you in the next life..." Y/N smiled sadly at the regressor before his eyes started growing blurry but then, he saw someone that made him shocked. 

A white coat. Black hair, grey eyes and a blurry face. 'Why must I see you every time before every death? Why?'  Y/N thought before his eyes glued shut. 

"... Y/N...?" a voice filled with disbelief was the last thing he heard. 

.

.

.

 A 26 year old male with (h/c) woke up with cold sweat running down his neck.

"What... was I dreaming about again?" the boy questioned. He looked at the large poster on the wall beside his bed and lifted it up, revealing many tallies. He grabbed a marker on his desk and drew another line. "How many days has it been since I've started having strange dreams that I couldn't remember?" 

It's been many years ever since the first dream. Y/N would always wake up with cold sweat dripping down his body ever since that day but he could never understand why. He made a tally and hid it underneath his poster and started counting the days he'd have these dreams. "How could these dreams go on for this long? That one was the 1864th one."

The boy opened the window and stared up at the sky. "I hope the next will be the last..."

TO BE CONTINUED...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
OMINISCIENT READER'S VIEWPOINT DOES NOT BELONG TO ME
NEITHER DOES THE ART IN THE FRONT COVER