DREAM SIX

'I hate this skill,'  thought Y/N with a cold expression. 'I hate it so much.' . The (h/c) boy had a trauma that he was reminded of every time he used the skill 'fallen crown'. 'The dead should be put to rest, not used like this but morals and values don't matter in an apocalyptic world,' he thought. 

.

.

.

"Someone... please... help..." a (h/c) child around the age of nine quietly begged. He seemed tired like his energy and the last bit of hope he held onto was slowly burning in the crimson fire that was surrounding him. It was a house fire. Someone had started a fire and now his house was slowly burning down with people still inside. 'It was my relatives wasn't it? They've always been greedy of mother and father's wealth,'  thought the child. 

He was trapped in his bedroom, unable to open the door. He looked at his hands that were burnt from trying to open the metal handle that felt like a boiling kettle. 'Is this the end for me? I've never been taught what to do in a house fire. Uncle and aunty said that there's no need to learn that. They've planned this from the start.' .

Just then, the door opened. 

"Young master! We need to go now!" the maid shouted, grabbing him by the arm and leading him downstairs.

He was bewildered by the sight he saw downstairs. The servants that were still alive were on fire, frantically running around, trying to find and save his parents. 'They look like burning zombies. I'm... afraid,'  was what the (h/c) child thought. 'The dead should stay dead,'  those words repeated in his head. Soon, he was mumbling those words out loud, making the maid who found him concerned. 

"Young master...?" she asked worried.

"The dead should stay dead!" he suddenly had an outburst. 

All the servants in the house stopped moving and looked at each other. They seemed to understand why Y/N had said that and why he was acting this way. 

"As you wish, young master," they said in unison before walking into the fiery flames in front of them.

.

.

.

"The dead... should stay dead," Y/N unconsciously mumbled out loud, remembering what had happened back then. A tear ran down his face which still held a neutral expression however, that small slip of emotion was enough for his skill penalty to activate.

The ghostly knights stopped attacking the warden of darkness and snapped their heads to look at their king. Dokja's eyes widened realising what was happening as the ghostly knights began approaching Y/N who was too deep in his thoughts to notice.

"Dokkaebi! You're watching right?" Dokja yelled, running towards Y/N who was slowly being surrounded by his own summons.

"W-What?" the dokkaebi currently in charge appeared. "H-How did you know?"

"I should've received an item in the mail by now. I need you to give that to me," Dokja demanded, ignoring the dokkaebi's question. 

"Hehe. That is none of my business. B-Bihyung is in charge of that," said the dokkaebi.

"But you're here to do Bihyung's job. Can't you see the constellations are on edge because of what's happening?" Dokja retorted, pointing up at the incoming messages.

[The constellation 'Eyes of the world' asks the incarnation 'Kim Dokja' to save 'L/N Y/N']

[The constellation 'Secret Plotter' does not wish for the incarnation 'L/N Y/N' to be consumed by his skill]

[The constellation 'Prisoner of the Golden Headband' is pulling his hair out from stress]

[The constellation 'Demonic Judge of fire' is threatening the dokkaebi 'Biryu'!]

[The constellation 'Eyes of the world' demands dokkaebi 'Biryu' to give the incarnation 'Kim Dokja' his item]

"A-All right but it's just this once. I'm only doing this because the constellations will be satisfied," said Biryu nervously.

[An item has arrived from the auction house]

[Obtained the item 'Broken Faith']

[You are excused from paying commission due to your contract]

A sword formed in Dokja's hand.

"Pft- c-can you even fight with something like that? T-That thing is broken a-and you won't be able to use it without a specific skill. Did you not see the amount of power the summons of incarnation L/N Y/N possessed? A broken sword a-against them is like asking for death!" Biryu belittled Dokja, but what he wasn't expecting was for Dokja to have bought a skill from Bihyung to use with the sword. "H-How?!"

'This should at least be able to snap Y/N out of his thoughts and gain control back,'  thought Dokja. 'I need to make sure Y/N doesn't use fallen crown next time since his mental state doesn't seem the best right now.' .

[Personal skill 'White Star Weapon Aura' has been activated]

['Broken Faith' reacts to your magic power]

[Blade of Faith has been activated] 

The blade of the sword Dokja received started to glow brightly. 

.

.

.

'That light... where is it coming from?'  Y/N whose consciousness was in an empty void questioned. 'Is it coming from there?... It is,'  the (h/c) boy thought, attempting to walk towards the light but something grabbed his feet.

"Become ours..."

"Come with us..."

"Let us have you..." spoke the ghostly knights.

Y/N's empty eyes soon hardened, going cold before it turned into a glare. The ghostly knights then felt pressure pressing them down. 

"Hands off," the (h/c) boy spoke in a commanding tone. "You dare disobey your king? How impudent," the ghostly knights let go of him one by one. He was able to gain control over his skill. "That's more like it," he stared at them coldly.

"Y/N..." a voice called out to him in the light. Said male immediately looked towards the light, recognising the voice.

"Hyung...hyung!" Y/N started running towards the light and was able to snapped back into reality.  

One by one, Y/N felt the hollow touches he felt grabbing and pulling onto him slowly disappear. He looked around and saw that his summons were on the ground.

[The skill 'Ruler's Aura' is currently activated]

'Ah, it seems I had activated that unconsciously,'  thought Y/N. He looked at Dokja who was fighting the warden of darkness while trying to bring him back to reality. 'I made him wait long enough,'  Y/N made his way towards Kim Dokja.

"Please..." he heard one of the knights mumble.

Y/N stopped in his tracks, "your help is no longer needed. Excuse yourself from my presence," he commanded.

"...As you wish... your highness."

Y/N clenched his fists, hearing a familiar line. "Why do you insist on staying alive to serve me so much?" he mumbled, running towards Dokja.

[The skill 'Rising Star' has been activated] 

"Haven't I told you before? The dead," Y/N lifted his sword, "should stay dead," and swung his blade.

TO BE CONTINUED...