26- A peek into the past

Next update is going to be good but only if we cross 100 votes on this chapter... So Vote guys...

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I ran towards the door but it shut off, No no please open the door, open the damn door. I knocked and knocked but the door never opened. This place is just so spooky. "Nandini.." I heard a familiar voice and turned around only to find Manik standing there making me sigh in relief.

Without wasting any time, I ran into his arms thanking god over and over again. "Please take me from here Manik, please take me home. I am scared, I am so scared.." I looked up to find his blank face. There were no emotions at all.

"I am sorry Nandini, but I have to do this.." Do what? what is he talking about? I stared at him for answers but then suddenly I saw Manik was nowhere but in front of me there was a monster who looked horrifying, I screamed at top of my voice and seconds later he attacked me.

I woke up with a jerk. Holy shit what the hell was that. I looked around to find myself in my bedroom and I could feel another person's presence beside me. I turned around a little only to find Manik sleeping peacefully. Jesus, I had a creepy dream. I got up from the bed quietly and went to the washroom.

I looked at the time and it's 6 in the evening, my eyes fell on my band-aid ankle and everything came back. I was bitten by a snake and then Manik fed me his blood. Holy hell, yeah that wasn't a dream, Manik did save me and guess then brought me back here.

I saw his face, I saw those fangs, he wasn't his normal self. I looked back at a sleeping Manik and he looked nothing like the man I saw just a few hours back. what the hell is going on? I will turn crazy like this. That book, I have to finish that book. I look at the bookshelf and sure Blood Lust is still there. Without wasting time, I opened the book, searching for the answers.

"It started centuries ago, when a Witch turned her whole family in Immortals, so they can't die.. Darkness and moon is their best friend but sun and daylight is their biggest enemy.. They can't walk in sun, their skin starts burning.. Like everything had a pros and cons, this immortal life had it too.. They can't be killed, they don't age and blood is their necessity.. But they can't resist blood, their eye color change and their fangs come out whenever they see blood.."

And I felt that someone took out the life inside of me.. We are living among these dangerous creatures, I can't believe it so that means these Vampires are somewhere near us and we don't have a slightest idea about it... Oh wait, what the hell was that.. My eyes glued to the page and I started reading further.. "Vampires are very fast, they can reach anywhere in a blink of an eye.. They can also read your minds and control them just looking into your eyes.. They can control your thoughts and made you do whatever they want to.. There wounds are self healed in seconds, honestly you just can't hurt a vampire.. Their blood also heal human's wounds and if you died with a vampire blood in your system.. You are turned into a Vampire.. They are human like and once they are turned into vampire they stop aging.. They can rip your heart open and suck the life out of you just in seconds.."

My mind was in a jiffy, this all was huge to take.. Vampires are fast they could reach anywhere in a blink of an eye just like Manik did that night to save me... They can't resist blood and their eyes change color, just like the night when I cut my hand and Manik freaked out seeing blood. Manik have read my mind several time..

"Ironic, she too found out everything from this book.." I jumped in surprise only to find Manik sitting behind me in his all-sleeping glory. Okay, not the time to fangirl Nandini. The book just explains very clearly who Manik is, He was freaked out by seeing my blood, he finishes up the sentences that I say in my head, he treated my wound with his blood and not to forget he is this young in the 25-year-old photos that my family have in the attic.