xxviii | Intolerable Beliefs

Inside the Bridge, Wu was being caught up with the current state of the most important matter.

"So where at we at with the four Fangblades?"

"Pythor's got the first one, but we have the second," Jay told him. To prove his point, Scarlett nodded.

"It's very well hidden."

"And we only need one in order to prevent him from unleashing the Great Devourer," Cole added. "Which fortunately, we've already done."

"But we believe he's going to come for us after he collects the remaining two," Nya spoke up. "We're preparing for that moment."

"Any luck finding their whereabouts?" Wu asked.

"No, but the falcon is programmed to alert us if he sees any suspicious activity," Zane answered proficiently.

"Good. Our main concern is no longer finding the third Fangblade, but to rescue Lloyd. Where they go, he is bound to be with."

He then gave orders to two of his pupils. "Kai and Nya, prepare the deck and double check the anchor. We need to be ready when we first get word of activity."

The two bowed in unison. "Yes, Sensei."

As they headed toward the door, Kai glared at Garmadon instead of paying attention to the walk in front of him. "I have my eye on you."

Knowing what was about to happen, the dark lord grinned.

And as he expected, Kai whacked the back of his head on the doorframe. Wu sighed.

Nya had to drag him out. Twice.

"So that's the guy you're trying to get with?" Jay asked in a whisper, leaning his head closer to Scarlett's ear.

She frowned. "I'm kind of scared. I guess this is why everyone says you have to get to know them first."

The sensei then brought their attention back. "Jay, did you say the falcon was... programmed?"

"It was Zane, actually, but okay, Sensei. I don't know where to start! Honestly, it all started when we saw the falcon..."

As Jay rambled on, Garmadon still had his eyes on Scarlett. He was conflicted, but his expression made him look angry.

She stared back. They were kind of just there, unblinking, for a solid minute before she finally caved and shuffled behind Cole again.

This was going to be a hard time.

¤ ¤

Garmadon was... a strange guest, to say the least.

Sure, he was a little inconvenient. Had an interesting way of brushing his teeth, ate the strangest foods. Ruined a romantic movie moment between Jay and Nya, rested on a towel on deck during both a thunder and lightning strike. He called it sunbathing.

He even continued to pester Scarlett specifically on who she was. It was like a game. Every few hours they would all hear from somewhere on the Bounty, "My name is Scarlett!"

Yet no one really did anything. At the end of the day, he wasn't really harming them. He was just somewhat annoying in certain aspects, but other than that, he was alright.

That's what Cole, Zane, and Kai talked about watching him play video games relentlessly. He roughly mashed buttons like a five year old.

Kai was pissed, as per usual the past week. "He's not even playing the game right. He's just shooting and destroying things!"