To Forget

(Y/N) POV

After a couple of hours after Cassy and the kids left, Lin returned to the cabin.

The bluenette looked tired as she entered.

"Something happen?" I ask as she shakes her head.

"No, it was all smooth" she tells me avoiding eye contact

"When can I leave?" I ask

"In a rush to leave here?" She asks hopefully

"No, just wondering how long I'll be down," I say as she nods and starts muttering to herself.

"Probably 2 weeks, your leg almost had to come off because of the infection, it'll take some time to regain the strength it once had," she reasons.

"Ok, I guess you'll need to put up with me until then," I tell her as she nods

"It won't be too hard," she says. Her eyes turn dull almost has if she's remembering something.

Her silence makes the room noisier then it should be.

"Are you sure?" I ask breaking the silence. She returns from whatever she was remembering.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she says with a fake smile.

A smile that for some reason sent shivers of sadness down my spine. I don't know what hides under it, but it's surely not a good thing.

"Be sure to get some rest," she says suddenly as she leaves the room.

Her dark eyes hide something sad behind them, I always suspected such a thing, but I've never been sure. This basically solidifies it.

Something happened in her past. And it isn't a good memory.

Despite it still being light out, my eyes slowly shut and I fell asleep.

Lins POV

Tick. Tick

Tick, Tick.

"Fire! It's burning me!"

Tick, Tick.

"Help!"

Tick, Tick

"Lin help us!"

Tick, Tick

"End our suffering please! It burns!"

Tick, Tick.

"Linda, honey, please, don't let me suffer anymore,"

"Noooooo!" I scream as I shoot awake.

I start hyperventilating as I attempt to catch my breath.

Why

Why

Why Me!

These voices are killing me. I thought they left, and then he showed up. The Uchiha.

I know he didn't do it. But I can't help but remember when I see him.

His black hair, his black eyes, the sharingan that is surely hiding.

I remember the man who cursed my team to death, cursed my husband to death.

Whenever I see (Y/N), I'm reminded of the individual who kill my dear friends.

I've tried to hide it, but since Cassy and the little ones are no longer here, I don't think I can hide it for much longer.

Even though I've already killed the man who cursed my team. I'm still haunted. I'm still suffering. The revenge didn't help me. It didn't help me in the slightest.

I remember back when I killed him. I was looked at by others as a monster. Someone who'd bloodied her hands for no reason. Killed another life for no reason at all. At least that's what they thought.

They didn't know that he had slaughtered my team only a month before I killed him.

It's been 3 years. And my banishment is still clear in my head.

I hope this Uchiha leaves as soon as he can. I don't want to remember. I want to forget.