Down In a Day

(Y/N) POV

The towns name was Revoto. It started to prosper suddenly about 5 years ago due to unknown reasons.

I asked around a little bit more and found that it had a couple secret polices that massively helped the criminal underworld. Basically, they paced the town a little of their profits, and they would turn a blind eye to any injustices...corrupt in other words.

It didn't take me long to find this organization.

Not even 10 minutes after I entered the limits of the city, I stumbled upon a criminal.

"Stop him! He stole my purse!" A younger lady yells as people around her continue to move indifferently...must be a common occurrence.

I kept him in sight as he blended into the crowd. I didn't stop him or anything, I let him led me to wherever he was going. He stumbled into a worn down house.

"Hey Jake! I found a couple hundred bucks!" He announces.

I silently entered the house through an empty window.

"That's wonderful Andy, let's count our profits today," he mutters as I sneak a peak.

Jake was a buff guy, he was big but wouldn't be effective in a fight. Andy however was all skin and bones, he was tiny. Neither of them posed much of a threat.

"Hello boys," I call out as they jump. They turned to me once they regained their senses.

"Who are you! Part of the police!" They ask as I chuckle

"You'll wish I was when I'm done," I say as Jake pulls out a knife.

"Wrong move," I smirk as his leaps toward me. He tries to plunge the knife into my chest. But when he did, nothing happened.

"What the?" He asks as he looks at the knife. His eyes widened as the pain kicks in. The knife he was holding was gone...along with his hand.

"I can make you experience much more pain mentally, so as payment for not forcing you down a road toward insanity. I'd like some info," I whisper into his eyes. I can feel the shivers rush through his body.

"We'll talk! Ok! We'll talk! Damn this hurts!" He says as blood squirts out

"Umm...boss....why are you holding your hand?" Andy asks as Jake looks at him

"It's missing that's why!" He says looking back at his hand. His faced twisted in confusion as his hand was back where it should be.

"Genjutsu can mess people up, that was just the beginning of what will happened if you don't tell me what I want to know," I demand as they both gulp.

"What do you want to know?" Jake asks me

"Well, it's simple, I hear this city is the heart for a smuggling ring. A place where they sell children, make them fight each other, you know, sins against humanity," I explain as he nods

"Yes, we do have one of those," he mutters

"Good! You know what I'm talking about them....where is their HQ?" I ask him.

"It's in the underground sewer system," he says quickly.

"Ok...and," I ask as he starts giving me details.

"Wonderful!" I say happily.

"Now, track down that lady you stole from...if not, I'll track YOU down again and return it myself," I say leaving the house.

I followed the directions that Jake gave me. I arrived at an access point. If I have any idea, this will likely be an ambush point...but I don't know, we will have to find out.

I entered the area, and much to my surprise, there was no one waiting.

If they were smart, they would give surrounding law breakers a point to refer to anyone who wants to know...like myself. And then have people waiting to jump them. Either this organization is stupid, or they are too comfortable...either way they likely won't last the night.

I quickly started to see signs of activity.

I stumbled upon a couple guards, since we are in the sewers, I used a water Jutsu to drown them. Was easy actually, just surround their heads with a water bubble.

I'm sure they are very happy that a bubble of waste water was their demise.

I came across other groups, but nothing major. I followed the direction that seemed to have more guards.

The Closer I get the more guards their should be.

By the time I reached the centre of their operation, I likely killed around 20 of them.

I took care of any enemies. I could see large holding containers that held many people. Kids, woman, men, everyone seemed to be starving.

I melted the locks and set them free.

I then did some poking around and found a building where all the higher ups were at.

I payed them a little visit. I didn't even talk to them, I just set the building on fire and let the inferno take their lives.

Hopefully, this spreads enough of an message.

It's been roughly a week since I left the orphanage, I guess it's time to set out on my secondary mission. Finding a guard or two for the place. I should also try to find any info on the tailed beasts. I looked eagerly hoping to find something in the smugglers place...but I came up with nothing.

I entered into an adventure hall of some sorts.

"Mind if I chat a bit?" I ask the bartender

"Of course, as long as you get something," he says as I nod

"I'll get...some....eh...lets go with...umm.....uhhhh...just give me a beer," I mutter. I didn't like beer, but I'm afraid I would lose my chance to gather Intel if I went with water.

"Coming right up," he mutters as he slams a cup infront of me.

"What do you want to know son?" He asks.

"Heard of any tailed beasts?" I ask him as he looks at me

"Why are you asking? That's not a common question," he says as I nod and take a sip.

"I need to learn about them" I say as he nods

"I see...I believe a place north of here has been experiencing a lot of chaos lately, something about a monster," he says as I nod

"Is that all?" He asks me as I shake my head.

"No, I'm also looking for a group of guards, I need them to protect some people a fair bit outside the town," I describe as he thinks.

"I think I know of a group that might be interested," he says as I smile

"That'd be great,"