First Battle

(Y/N) POV

We are in the middle of a standoff.

I open my eyes to reveal the eyes of some of the most feared Shinobi...

Much to my surprise, he didn't seem to flinch.

"Have you battled an Uchiha before?" I ask him as he laughs

"I know more than you think," he says as he disappears. This time I pay closer attention.

The last part of his body to disappear, is his eye hole in his mask...it appears like his body whirlpools into his eye socket

Despite my Sharingan, I couldn't see what Jutsu he was using...which means

"Whatever you're doing...is unique right?" I ask him as I hear mad laughter from all around me.

What could he be doing that my eyes can't pick up?

Five basic elements, Fire, Wind, Lightning, Water, and Earth...what could his ability fall under?

Fire...no

Wind...maybe

Lightning...maybe

Water...no

Earth...maybe

So Earth, Wind, Lightning.

If he was using Earth to disappear, he would likely sink into the ground...so we can rule that out

If he was using Lightning, parts of his body wouldn't disappear quicker then the others...that's assuming he is using lightning to increase his speed quicker then what my eyes can track him at.

And considering that even with my Sharingan I still can't track him...Lightning can be ruled out too.

That leaves us at Wind...the whirlpool that sucks his body into the eye hole of his mask could be wind...but how would he disappear?

"You should spend less time thinking, and more time acting!" The voice yells as I feel the impact of his fist on the back of my head

I was so distracted trying to figure him out that I forgot he could appear at any moment.

However...I wasn't completely distracted.

I whip my body around and send a kick in his direction.

Once the kick connects. I will grab the hand he used to punch me and pin him to the ground.

As I was getting ready to grab his hand.

My leg passed right through his body and my face planted into the dirt.

I was quick to get up and I put more distance between us

"Are you realizing you can't do anything," he mocks me

Clearly disappearing isn't the only thing he can do...he can make me phase right through him.

"Shit," I mutter quietly

How can he do that?

That clearly isn't Wind...maybe it's Genjutsu...I don't think he is playing tricks on me though.

Whatever he is doing...whatever is happening...is real.

Maybe it isn't one of the five basic elements...but rather something rarer.

"Space-time Ninjutsu," I say as the masked man laughs

"Finally, you get it," he says as I nod.

Lord Forth, or Minato. Uses space-time Ninjutsu to teleport...but I don't think my friend can use it to this degree

It might be unlikely that he is doing this...but when I tried to kick him earlier...he might have been able to teleport that part of his body to another location...which means...he's untouchable.

But, he can still hit me...which means, he needs his body parts here so he can hit me instead of going through me.

Looks like my only chance to hit him is to unexpectedly hit him before he hits me...but how can I do that?

I might be able to trick him using Genjutsu...that seems to be my only way to hit him.

I start placing him under Genjutsu using my Sharingan.

"You better not try that...I see right through all your tricks!" He says as he appears beside me...

Little did he know, I already placed him under my spell.

In his eyes, he is right beside me...in reality, he is right in front me.

As he is about to hit what he thinks is me, I launch a fireball at him.

He didn't even see it coming.

The blaze burned everything in a 5 meter radius from him...he was gone.

"Looks like he got out in time," I mutter...damn it!

Looks like I underestimated him a little.

Either that, or he underestimated me too much.

Either way...I don't sense him anymore.

I searched the area up to 10 kilometres away from our battle, just in case he was hiding his presence...he was gone.

"I'll need to report my findings to the Hokage," I mutter as I start making my way back to the village.