Part 21

I was there even before she's finished her warmup.

I didn't even think twice the instant Kurama said Madara was there.

That son of a bitch.

Any mention of Madara almost never—hold up, scratch the almostbears good news. Especially when [y/n] is involved.

[Y/n] said she thought I'd only show up after things ended. Well, that might be true for others—but not when it comes to her.

She's my first and only exception.

To tell the truth, Madara scared the living daylights out of me when he smashed [y/n] into the ring post and nearly strangled her to death, to the point where I almost forgot my intention to step in to stop the fight.

But at the same time, I'm further surprised at just how good [y/n] is when it comes to fights. Using speed to tackle Madara, who is a hulk of a human, is an extremely clever tactic; not to mention the smooth transition between judo and Brazilian jiu-jitsu, along with a few other martial arts, that she executed, was perfect. What's even more impressive is the fact that she actually has the mettle and strength to go as far as breaking one of Madara's arms, even after Madara bit her, threw, then slammed her into a ring post, and almost beat her into oblivion.

Coming back to Madara...

It took all I had to not barge right in and beat the living shit out of Madara when he stroked her face then held her close to his chest, and when he bit her thigh.

For some reason, it angered me to no end, way overpowering the disgust I should have felt.

For the first time, I'm utterly stumped by my emotions. More specifically, emotions that are tied to [y/n]. 

Not even the meditations helped.

I steal a quick glance at [y/n], who's reclined in the shotgun seat, arms crossed, her eyes gazing out the window with a look that tells me she's lost in her own thoughts.

Guess I have a long way to go before I sort out my feelings.