Chapter 39

Later that same day...

Kendall arrives in Christina's design room, where she finds her there. Christina was in the room, looking at her new wedding dress that Randy gave her, with disappointment Chirstina looked at the dress. Kendall notices this.

"You don't seem too happy about marrying Steven." said Kendall, as she walks closer to Christina.

"What are you doing here?" said Christina, as she put the dress back in its box.

"Just trying to see how you're doing." said Kendall, as she leaned on Christina's desk.

"About?" said Christina, being clueless.

"Christina, please. I know you, we've been friends since childhood." said Kendall, as she admits. "Just please tell me the truth."

Christina turns away.

"Did you come here as a friend of a foe?" said Christina, asking her.

"A friend, of course." said Kendall, in a calm voice.

"Then as a friend, you should leave me alone, and respect my decision." said Christina 

"But, as a family friend, you should tell me the truth." said Kendall

"You're never going to leave me alone, are you?" said Christina, as she sighs.

"Nope." said Kendall

"You stubborn little Princess," said Christina, as she turned to her.

"Christina, please why are you marrying Steven?" said Kendall, getting right to the point. "You love Damian, not Steven. So, why are you marrying Steven?"

"Because, I don't have a choice!" said Christina, as her voice breaks. "The reason why I'm marrying Steven instead of Damian is because he's Randy's son.

"WHAT?!" yelled Kendall, who was shocked.

"In order for Randy to accept my designs, I have to marry Steven," said Christina, as she admits.

"Then don't marry him." said Kendall

"I can't, if I opposed marrying Steven, Randy threatened me that he'll kill Damian!" said Christina, as she started to break down. 

A shocked Kendall is speechless.

Christina's voice breaks, as tears start to come out.

"I bought Damian the flight ticket," said Christina, as she whimpered. "So that he can leave the same day on my wedding day with Steven. I also wanted to give Damian a pack of money so that he may never return back, and just stay in the United Kingdom."

"Christina, Christina no you can't do that. Damian's your life." said Kendall, as she begs. "I know that you're sacrificing your love for Damian, and that you're also saving his life as well... But, pushing him away is just too much for you to handle."

"Well, what choice do I have?" said Christina, as she asked her. "I love Damian, but I wouldn't bear to see him get killed."

A tear falls down from Christina's cheek.

"I would rather have him leave to his lifelong dream, than to lose him forever." Christina, as she admits. "I want to save him, since he has saved me multiple times. In return, now it's my turn to save him. And return the favor."

"I know," said Kendall, agreeing with her. "But, you do realize that if you marry Steven, you will never love him the same way that you love Damian."

"Yes, I know," said Christina, agreeing with her. "But, I'm not marrying Steven for his love, I'm just marrying Steven to save Damian's life."

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Just then, the girls stopped talking as they heard a knock on the door, in which appears to be Alexandra.

"Alexandra?" said Christina, as she opened the door.

"Oh hey, Christina." said Alexandra, as she moved her hair out of her face, while blowing on it. "Your wedding shoes have arrived, and I decided to drop them off to you."

Christina takes the shoe box from Alexandra.

"Thanks." said Christina, with a frown.

"Yo, Xandra. What's with the hair?" said Kendall, teasing her.

"The guy who delivered it to us, said it was express, and made me run from the lobby to here," said Alexandra, who looked exhausted.

"You ran on heels?" said Kendall, realizing that Alexandra was barefoot.

"Yeah, I had to take them off, halfway." said Alexandra

"What happened to your running shoes?" said Kendall, questioning her.

"I took them off, because I decided to dress up like a normal receptionist, with heels..." said Alexandra, continuing. "Until some jerk came in, and had me run on heels!"

"Did you know who it was?" said Kendall, questioning her.

"No." said Alexandra, as she admits. "I never saw him before. He's not like our usual delivery guy, this one didn't have a uniform, he had a suit."

"Oh okay then, we'll see you later." said Kendall, as waves at her.

After Alexandra leaves, Christina closes the door and looks at the shoes disappointed.

Kendall looks at Christina and hums.

"You know what, something tells me that delivery guy jerk was Randy." said Kendall, continuing to hum. "What do you think? Jerk? Or, no jerk?"

"Jerk." said Christina, agreeing with her.