Chapter 25

Later that same day...

Christina is released from the hospital, but she decides to stay by Damian's side either way, not wanting to leave until he wakes up.

"Christina, come on..." said Kendall, as she whined. "You have to get some rest."

"I'm fine, really. I slept well." said Christina

"We all know that's a lie." said Kendall

"Kendall." said Christina, as she sighs.

"Come on, you need to head with me back to the cabin so that you can rest well." said Kendall, as she begs Christina again.

"Kendall, I already told you a thousand times... I'm not leaving until Damian wakes up." said Christina, as she reminds Kendall.

"Yeah, well I'm sure Damian won't like it if he finds out that you haven't been sleeping well, because you were watching him sleep all night." said Kendall, before chuckling. "That, and because you want Damian to wake up and see you first, instead of the nurse."

Bruce snorts, while trying hard not to laugh at Kendall's joke. Christina looks at Bruce, who got a hold of himself while turning towards the window before whistling.

Kendall sighs...

"Okay, since you don't want to leave with me back to the cabin... Then I guess I'll have to stay here with you then." said Kendall, as she turned to the door. "In the meantime, I'll leave you in good hands with Bruce and Damian, so that I can go and get some lunch for the three of us."

Kendall leaves before Bruce or Christina can say another word. After being left alone in the room with Damian, Christina turns to Bruce before crossing her arms.

"So, Bruce... How is your relationship with Tonia?" said Christina, asking him. "You know, since you guys have been really close in the last couple of days."

"Uh, we're just really good friends." said Bruce, as he admits to her.

"Really good friends... You don't say." said Christina, not buying Bruce's conversation that he and Tonia are just friends.

"Well yeah, it's true. We really do care for eachother." said Bruce

"Oh yeah? How much?" said Christina, asking him.

"W-well, a lot." said Bruce, nervously.

"A lot? Well then be honest with me here..." said Christina, taking a pause. "Do you like Tonia?"

"Well, yeah I do." said Bruce, sounding confident.

"Yeah, but not as a friend. I wasn't being specific." said Christina, chuckling. "If that's what you thought I was going to ask you."

"Uhhh..." said Bruce, as his voice cracked in a nervous way.

Bruce's cheeks turned red upon hearing that question from Christina, while also realizing that he just admitted to Christina that he really does like Tonia.

"You do!" said Christina, as she pointed at him.

"N-no." said Bruce, lying to himself.

"Y-yes." said Christina, mimicking him.

"Uhhh..." said Bruce, playing with his fingers and trying to think of a better excuse.

Christina chuckles at how Bruce is reacting.

"Kendall, hold on I'm coming with you!" said Bruce, as he decides to accompany Kendall in the hallway on her way to the cafeteria, in order to keep the conversation from going any further.

Christina chuckles, after realizing that Bruce likes Tonia, but cannot admit his feelings to her.

Christina turns to Damian, who is still knocked out.

"I just wished that I told you that I love you, when I had the chance." said Christina

Moments later, after both Kendall and Bruce returned from their lunch...

"Christina, I have some bad news," said Kendall, looking upset.

"What? What is it? Tell me?" said Christina, as she begged her.

"I got a call from our Coach telling us to prepare for our trip to San Diego, since we will be practicing there in the next couple of days." said Kendall, as she admits to her. "Since you're released from the hospital, Coach requested for us to return the following day."

"What?" said Christina, as she gasps.

"So, that means we have to go back to our own homes, and get our team uniforms and practice uniforms ready." said Kendall

A sad Christina looks at Damian, before turning back to Kendall.

"I don't want to leave him... H-he needs me." said Christina, as she tells her. "I don't want to leave until he wakes up."

"I'm sorry Christina, but it's not possible." said Kendall, as she breaks it to her.

Tears started to form into Christina's eyes when suddenly...

"Christina." said Bruce, as he walked up to her.

"Hm?" said Christina, as she looked at Bruce.

"I can face you when Damian finally awakens." said Bruce, lighting up Christina's mood.

"You'll do that for me?" said Christina, asking him.

"Well yeah." said Bruce

"Okay." said Christina, who liked the idea very much.

"Great, then it's settled!" said Kendall, cheering while clapping once.

Before Christina and Kendall leave, Christina draws a small "C❤️U" on the lower part of Damian's cast. Christina later kisses Damian's forehead before leaving.

"Oooooh..." said Kendall, as she started to make fun of her. "Kissing your lover again are you? Why don't you kiss him on the lips, so that he can finally wake up. With a true love's first kiss."

Kendall winks at Christina while making kissing noises, making Christina roll her eyes.

"Oh shut up." said Christina, dragging Kendall along with her. "Goodbye Bruce!"

"I'm pretty sure you're going to kiss your phone, after realizing that Damian woke up during your face time with him." said Kendall, still being dragged by Christina. "Goodbye Bruce!"

Kendall waves goodbye at Bruce and a still unconscious Damian before leaving.

Bruce turns to Damian.

"Christina does love you, and you thought that she didn't." said Bruce, while chuckling.

Bruce sits down on the chair that Christina has been sitting on all day.

"Roger is coming soon. He didn't know about the accident, so he's coming already." said Bruce, as he rested his back on the chair.